|Born||Kyle Loren Kingsbury
March 22, 1982
San Jose, United States
|Height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight||205 lb (93 kg; 14.6 st)|
|Division||Light Heavyweight (205 lb)|
|Reach||76.0 in (193 cm)|
|Fighting out of||San Jose, California, United States|
|Team||American Kickboxing Academy|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Kyle Loren Kingsbury (born March 22, 1982) is a retired American professional mixed martial artist. A professional competitor from 2006-2014, Kingsbury also formerly competed for King of the Cage and was a cast member of Spike TV's The Ultimate Fighter: Team Nogueira vs. Team Mir.
Kingsbury attended Monta Vista High School in Cupertino, California. Kingsbury played high school football for the school, playing the defensive tackle position. He earned many titles such as: "Defensive Lineman of the Year" in the Santa Clara Valley League (2000), two-time first-team all-league selection (1999 and 2000), also earned second-team All-Central Coast Section honors behind first-team selection Jared Allen his senior year. Kingsbury was selected by the North squad for the North vs. South San Jose Charlie Wedemeyer All-Star football game, after a senior season where he racked up 53 tackles, 10 sacks and two fumble recoveries in his final year. Kyle was the captain for both his football team and his wrestling team. After graduating in 2000, Kyle attended Mesa Community College and earned his associate degree in 2003.
Kingsbury later transferred to Arizona State University (ASU). He was a walk-on for the football team where he was a scout team member in the 2003 season and saw playing time in the 2004 season, including in ASU's 2004 Sun Bowl victory over Purdue University.
Mixed martial arts
The Ultimate Fighter
Kingsbury fought Ryan Bader for a spot on the show, he lost to Bader by arm-triangle choke in the second round. After the discovery of two injured fighters, Kingsbury was brought in to replace one of them. He was picked by Antonio Nogueira's team and Nogueira called Kingsbury the leader of the team. In the first round of fights, Krzysztof Soszynski defeated Kingsbury. In the finale Kingsbury was matched up against Tom Lawlor. Kingsbury lost a unanimous decision to Lawlor at the Ultimate Fighter Finale.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Kingsbury made his UFC debut against former The Ultimate Fighter: Team Nogueira vs. Team Mir castmate Tom Lawlor. He was defeated via unanimous decision on the preliminary card at The Ultimate Fighter 8 Finale. Even though Kingsbury did not win any fights on TUF and did not win his debut, the UFC decided to keep him signed.
Kingsbury lost to debuting Jimi Manuwa on September 29, 2012 at UFC on Fuel TV 5 by TKO due to doctor stoppage. Kingsbury took tremendous punishment in the fight before the doctor ended the bout due to his left eye swelling shut. Kingsbury revealed on The MMA Hour that his orbital bone was fractured in two places but that it did not require surgery.
Championships and accomplishments
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|18 matches||11 wins||6 losses|
|Loss||11–6 (1)||Patrick Cummins||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on Fox: Lawler vs. Brown||July 26, 2014||3||5:00||San Jose, California, United States|
|Loss||11–5 (1)||Jimi Manuwa||TKO (doctor stoppage)||UFC on Fuel TV: Struve vs. Miocic||September 29, 2012||2||5:00||Nottingham, England, United Kingdom|
|Loss||11–4 (1)||Glover Teixeira||Submission (arm-triangle choke)||UFC 146||May 26, 2012||1||1:53||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Loss||11–3 (1)||Stephan Bonnar||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 139||November 19, 2011||3||5:00||San Jose, California, United States|
|Win||11–2 (1)||Fábio Maldonado||Decision (unanimous)||The Ultimate Fighter 13 Finale||June 4, 2011||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Fight of the Night.|
|Win||10–2 (1)||Ricardo Romero||TKO (knees to the body and punches)||UFC 126||February 5, 2011||1||0:21||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||9–2 (1)||Jared Hamman||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Marquardt vs. Palhares||September 15, 2010||3||5:00||Austin, Texas, United States||Fight of the Night.|
|Win||8–2 (1)||Razak Al-Hassan||Decision (split)||UFC 104||October 24, 2009||3||5:00||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Loss||7–2 (1)||Tom Lawlor||Decision (unanimous)||The Ultimate Fighter 8 Finale||December 13, 2008||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Loss||7–1 (1)||Tony Lopez||TKO (punches)||KOTC: River Rage||September 15, 2007||1||1:36||Laughlin, Nevada, United States|
|Win||7–0 (1)||Demian Decorah||Decision (unanimous)||KOTC: Battle at the Bowl||July 21, 2007||2||5:00||Lac du Flambeau, Wisconsin, United States|
|NC||6–0 (1)||Maurice Jackson||NC||KOTC: Eclipse||May 26, 2007||1||N/A||San Carlos, Arizona, United States|
|Win||6–0||Angelo Mcleroy||Submission (rear-naked choke)||KOTC: Caged Chaos||March 10, 2007||1||1:39||Laughlin, Nevada, United States|
|Win||5–0||Rocky Batastini||Submission (rear-naked choke)||RITC 89: Triple Main Event||December 2, 2006||1||0:19||Fountain Hills, Arizona, United States|
|Win||4–0||Aric Dylan||KO (punches)||RITC 87: Rage in the Cage||September 29, 2006||1||1:45||Phoenix, Arizona, United States|
|Win||3–0||Brian Ryan||Decision (unanimous)||RITC 85: Xtreme Cage Fighting||August 5, 2006||3||3:00||Phoenix, Arizona, United States|
|Win||2–0||Dan Glasgow||TKO (knee to the body and punches)||RITC 84: Celebrity Theatre||July 1, 2006||1||0:29||Phoenix, Arizona, United States|
|Win||1–0||Joe Tsosie||KO (knee)||RITC 83: Rampage||June 10, 2006||1||0:19||Fountain Hills, Arizona, United States|
- "Fight Card - UFC Fight Night Lawler vs. Brown". UFC.com. Retrieved July 27, 2014.
- "Player Bio: Kyle Kingsbury - ARIZONA STATE OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE". Thesundevils.cstv.com. 23 April 2009. Archived from the original on 23 April 2009. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- "ARIZONA STATE OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE - Football". 6 April 2011. Archived from the original on 6 April 2011. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- "Kyle Kingsbury and Razak Al-Hassan agree to UFC 104 bout in October". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-07-29.
- "Kyle Kingsbury vs. Jared Hamman targeted for UFC Fight Night 22". MMAjunkie.com. 10 July 2010. Archived from the original on 10 July 2010. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- "Kyle Kingsbury to fight Ricardo Romero at UFC 126". Mmadiehards.com. December 1, 2010.
- "Kyle Kingsbury vs. Fabio Malonado added to The Ultimate Fighter 13 Finale". Mmajunkie.com. 2011-03-15. Archived from the original on 2011-03-19.
- "Stephan Bonnar vs. Kyle Kingsbury added to UFC 139 in San Jose". Mmajunkie.com. August 23, 2011.
- "Glover Teixeira vs Kyle Kingsbury booked for May 26 in Las Vegas". Mmamania.com. February 23, 2012.
- "Manuwa Draws Kingsbury At UFC On Fuel 5". YourMMA.tv. July 21, 2012. Archived from the original on August 16, 2012.
- "Kyle Kingsbury vs. Patrick Cummins slated for UFC on FOX 12 in San Jose". MMAJunkie.com. 2014-06-10. Retrieved 2014-06-10.
- Chuck Mindenhall (July 26, 2014). "Following loss to Patrick Cummins, Kyle Kingsbury retires from MMA". Mmafighting.com.
- "Mafia III". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2017-07-29.