September 23, 1985 |
Madison, WI, USA
|Height||6 ft 0 in (183 cm)|
|Weight||181 lb (82 kg; 12 st 13 lb)|
|EHC Black Wings Linz
KHL Medveščak Zagreb
Nürnberg Ice Tigers
|NHL Draft||74th overall, 2004
Mighty Ducks of Anaheim
Klubertanz was selected by the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim in the 3rd round (74th overall) of the 2004 NHL Entry Draft. After graduating from his four-year collegiate career with the University of Wisconsin, Klubertanz made his professional debut on a try-out contract with the Ducks AHL affiliate, the Portland Pirates at the end of the 2007–08 season.
Unsigned from the Ducks, Klubertanz signed a one-year contract in the Finnish SM-liiga with TPS. The following season he moved within Europe to the Swedish Elite League to play with Djurgårdens IF, establishing himself with 32 points, he helped Djurgården to a silver medal finish.
On May 27, 2010, with NHL ambitions he signed a one-year contract with the Montreal Canadiens. Klubertanz was assigned to AHL affiliate, the Hamilton Bulldogs for the duration of the 2010–11 season.
Without an opportunity given with the Canadiens on June 1, 2011, Klubertanz signed a two-year contract to return to Sweden with Djurgården.
After a single season with KHL Medveščak Zagreb of the Kontinental Hockey League, Klubertanz opted to sign in Germany, in agreeing to two-year deal with the Nürnberg Ice Tigers of the Deutsche Eishockey Liga (DEL) on July 2, 2014. When his contract was up, he joined fellow DEL side Krefeld Pinguine, signing on July 1, 2016. In the following 2016–17 season, Klubertanz struggled to find his offensive game in Krefeld, collecting just 1 goal and 13 points in 47 games as the team languished at the bottom of the table. On February 15, 2017, Klubertanz was released from his contract in Krefeld and signed with neighbouring league the EBEL with EHC Black Wings Linz.
|2002–03||Green Bay Gamblers||USHL||60||8||26||34||74||—||—||—||—||—|
|2003–04||Green Bay Gamblers||USHL||57||6||21||27||124||—||—||—||—||—|
|2013–14||KHL Medveščak Zagreb||KHL||18||0||2||2||14||3||0||0||0||0|
|2014–15||Thomas Sabo Ice Tigers||DEL||52||11||19||30||38||8||1||3||4||2|
|2015–16||Thomas Sabo Ice Tigers||DEL||46||4||12||16||40||12||0||2||2||10|
|2016–17||EHC Black Wings Linz||EBEL||3||0||0||0||2||5||0||2||2||2|
Awards and honors
|All-WCHA Rookie Team||2004–05|
|WCHA All-Tournament Team||2006|||
- "Le CH enrôle un défenseur américain" [CH enlists an American defender]. rds.ca (in French). 27 May 2010. Retrieved 9 December 2010.
- "Klubertanz returning to Djurgården". difhockey.se (in Swedish). Djurgårdens IF. 2011-06-01. Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- "Ice Tigers verpflichten Kyle Klubertanz | Thomas Sabo Ice Tigers Nürnberg". www.icetigers.de. Retrieved 2016-02-14.
- "Kyle Klubertanz: Weltenbummler mit viel Erfahrung wechselt nach Krefeld". Krefeld Pinguine. Retrieved 2016-07-03.
- "WCHA Tourney History". WCHA. Retrieved 2014-06-26.
- Kyle Klubertanz career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- Kyle Klubertanz career statistics at EliteProspects.com
|This biographical article relating to an American ice hockey defenseman is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|