Hazard with Zulte Waregem in 2014
|Full name||Kylian Hazard|
|Date of birth||5 August 1995|
|Place of birth||La Louvière, Belgium|
|Height||1.71 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking midfielder|
(on loan from Chelsea)
|2013–2014||White Star Bruxelles||4||(0)|
|2018–2019||→ Cercle Brugge (loan)||17||(4)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 06:34, 28 March 2019 (UTC)|
Kylian Hazard (French pronunciation: [kiljan azaʁ]; born 5 August 1995) is a Belgian footballer who plays as an attacking midfielder for Cercle Brugge. He has two older brothers, Eden and Thorgan, and one younger, Ethan, all of whom are footballers.
Kylian Hazard was born in La Louvière and grew up in Braine-le-Comte. His mother, Carine, and father, Thierry, were both footballers playing in Belgium. His father spent most of his career playing as a semi-professional with La Louvière in the Belgian Second Division. He played mainly as a defensive midfielder. His mother played as a striker in the Belgian Women's First Division and stopped playing when she was three months pregnant with her eldest son Eden Hazard. After playing football, both parents became sports teachers. Thierry retired from his position in 2009 in order to devote more time to his children.
Kylian is the third of four children. His eldest brother Eden previously played for Lille and now plays for Chelsea in the Premier League. His other elder brother, Thorgan, joined Eden at Chelsea in 2012, before moving to Borussia Mönchengladbach in January 2015, and had previously progressed through the youth ranks of Lille's biggest rivals Lens. His younger brother Ethan currently plays in the youth academy of Tubize, where Eden, Thorgan and Kylian all played earlier in their lives.
Kylian and his three brothers were raised in a comfortable environment with their parents ensuring they had whatever they needed to excel. The family lived "no more than three meters" from a football training ground and the brothers often ventured onto a training pitch through a small hole in order to hone and develop their skills.
After spending one season in the Belgian Second Division, it was announced on 25 June 2014 that Hazard joined Pro League side Zulte Waregem on a two-year contract, with an option to extend the contract for another season. In signing for Zulte Waregem, Hazard followed in the footsteps of his older brother Thorgan, who spent two seasons there on loan from Chelsea, and linked up with Jonathan Benteke, whose brother Christian is also a Belgian international.
Hazard made his professional debut for Zulte Waregem on 7 August 2014, replacing Ibrahima Conté after 69 minutes against Belarusian side Shakhtyor Soligorsk in the third qualifying round of the UEFA Europa League. He could not help prevent his team from crashing out in the tournament after a 2–2 draw and a 7–4 loss on aggregate.
Hazard made his first start for Zulte Waregem on 21 January 2015 against R.S.C. Anderlecht in second leg of the Belgian Cup; the match ended in a 4-2 loss. He played only 5 games for Zulte Waregem
On 27 June 2015, Hazard signed a three-year contract with Hungarian side Újpest. Hazard made his debut on 18 July 2015 against Paksi FC which ended in a 0–0 draw. On 21 November 2015, Hazard scored his first goal in a 2–1 away victory over Honvéd.
On 29 August 2017, Hazard joined Premier League side Chelsea, and was put in the club's development squad. Despite reports suggesting Hazard had left Chelsea, he agreed a new two-year deal and was sent out on loan to Cercle Brugge on a season-long loan.
On 5 May 2019, it was announced that Hazard's spell at Cercle Brugge would be made permanent as of 1 July 2019.
- As of match played 11 May 2019.
|Club||Season||League||National Cup||League Cup||Europe||Other||Total|
|White Star Bruxelles||2013–14||Belgian Second Division||4||0||1||0||—||—||—||5||0|
|Zulte Waregem||2014–15||Belgian Pro League||2||0||2||0||—||1[a]||0||—||5||0|
|Újpest||2015–16||Nemzeti Bajnokság I||29||3||6||1||—||—||—||35||4|
|2016–17||Nemzeti Bajnokság I||5||0||2||0||—||—||—||7||0|
|Cercle Brugge (loan)||2018–19||Belgian First Division A||17||4||1||0||—||—||4[b]||0||22||4|
|Cercle Brugge||2019–20||Belgian First Division A||0||0||0||0||—||—||0||0||0||0|
- "Les Hazard, une famille de foot". Le Parisien (in French). 15 March 2011. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "Avant d'être partagée entre Lille et Lens, la famille Hazard a cultivé son jardin secret" (in French). La Voix des Sports. 29 January 2010. Retrieved 19 April 2011.
- "Thorgan Hozard joins Chelsea". Chelsea F.C. 24 July 2012. Archived from the original on 26 July 2012. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- "Eden Hazard, protection rapprochée" (in French). Fédération Internationale de Football Association. 21 November 2008. Archived from the original on 1 May 2009. Retrieved 10 April 2010.
- "Eden est entouré de professionnels" (in French). Foot Goal. 27 November 2007. Archived from the original on 5 November 2008. Retrieved 10 April 2010.
- "L'interview découverte de Thorgan Hazard" (in French). Lensois. Archived from the original on 13 March 2010. Retrieved 10 March 2010.
- "M. Seydoux confirme pour Kylian Hazard" (in French). FootLille. 3 March 2011. Archived from the original on 24 September 2015. Retrieved 18 September 2011.
- "Eden Hazard out, Kylian Hazard in?" (in Dutch). Voetbal Belgie. 2 March 2011. Retrieved 19 April 2011.
- "Hazard lights the way for Belgium". The National. 5 March 2010. Retrieved 10 April 2010.
- "Zulte Waregem offre un contrat de deux ans à Kylian Hazard" [Zulte Waregem offer a two-year contract to Kylian Hazard] (in French). RTBF. 25 June 2014. Retrieved 12 July 2014.
- "Kylian Hazard pour deux ans à Zulte" [Kylian Hazard to Zulte for two years]. L'avenir (in French). 25 June 2014. Retrieved 12 July 2014.
- "Chelsea leent Thorgan Hazard uit aan Zulte Waregem". De Morgen (in Dutch). 30 August 2012. Retrieved 12 November 2012.
- "Thorgan Hazard ook fit seizoen bij essevee" (in Dutch). 15 July 2013. Archived from the original on 21 July 2013. Retrieved 16 July 2013.
- "Chelsea loans out Van Aanholt, Kakuta and Thorgan Hazard". Goal.com. 24 July 2013. Retrieved 4 August 2013.
- "Football (D3): Jonathan Benteke (Visé) va signer à Zulte Waregem" [Football (D3): Jonathan Benteke (Visé) will sign for Zulte Waregem]. La Meuse (in French). 24 June 2014. Retrieved 11 July 2014.
- "Shakhtyor vs. Zulte Waregem - 7 August 2014 - Soccerway". soccerway.com. Retrieved 2014-08-07.
- "Anderlecht 4-2 Zulte Waregem". soccerway.com. Retrieved 2015-02-04.
- "A 3 year agreement was signed today with Kylian Hazard". Újpest FC. 27 June 2015. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "Újpest 0 - 0 Paksi". Soccerway. 18 July 2015.
- "Honvéd vs. Újpest 1 - 2". Soccerway. 21 November 2015.
- "Loan move for midfielder". Chelsea Official Site. 31 August 2018. Retrieved 1 September 2018.
- "Kylian Hazard to leave Chelsea". Chelsea F.C. 5 May 2019. Retrieved 5 May 2019.
- "K. Hazard". Soccerway. Retrieved 27 October 2018.
- Kylian Hazard at Soccerway