Jenner in 2015
|Born||Kylie Kristen Jenner
August 10, 1997
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Kylie Kristen Jenner (born August 10, 1997) is an American reality television personality, socialite and model. Born and raised in Los Angeles, California, she is best known for appearing on the E! reality television series Keeping Up with the Kardashians. In 2012, she collaborated with the clothing brand PacSun, along with her sister Kendall, and created their own line "Kendall & Kylie". Their sci-fi novel, Rebels: City of Indra, was released in 2014. Time magazine named the Jenner sisters in "The 25 Most Influential Teens of 2014" for their considerable influence among teens on social media.
Jenner is the youngest daughter of 1976 Summer Olympics decathlon winner Caitlyn Jenner and TV personality Kris Jenner. She has an older sister, Kendall. On Kris's side of the family, she has three older half-sisters, Kourtney Kardashian, Kim Kardashian, and Khloé Kardashian, and one older half-brother, Rob Kardashian. Jenner also has three older half-brothers from Caitlyn's side of the family—Burt, Brandon, and Brody Jenner—and an older half-sister, Casey. Kris is of Dutch, English, and Scottish ancestry. Jenner attended Sierra Canyon School, where she was a member of the cheerleading team. In 2012, she decided homeschooling would be a better option and enrolled in an at-home education program, from which she graduated with a high school diploma in July 2015 from Laurel Springs School.
In 2007, Jenner, along with her parents and siblings, Kendall, Kourtney, Kim, Khloé, and Rob, began appearing in the reality television series Keeping Up with the Kardashians, which chronicles the personal and professional lives of their family members. The series was successful for its network, E!, and has resulted in the creation of numerous spin-offs including Kourtney and Kim Take Miami, Khloé & Lamar, Kourtney and Kim Take New York, and Kourtney and Khloé Take The Hamptons, in which Jenner has made multiple guest appearances. There have also been speculations about a possible spin-off series starring the Jenner sisters, following a multi-year extension deal that the family signed with the E! network in 2015.
Jenner has two nail lacquers from the Nicole by OPI nail polish brand called Wear Something Spar-kylie and Rainbow in the S-kylie. They earned $100,000 each for their OPI endorsements in 2013. On November 15, 2013, the Jenner sisters announced that they would launch The Kendall & Kylie collection with PacSun which launched on February 2013. Since its conception, the sisters have released several collections for this line. In July 2013 the Jenner sisters launched a jewelry line with Pascal Mouawad's Glamhouse to create the Metal Haven by Kendall & Kylie jewellery collection.
In February 2014, she and Kendall launched a shoe and handbag line for Steve Madden's Madden Girl line. Jenner launched her hair extension line with Bellami Hair, entitled Kylie Hair Kouture, includes sixteen different shades and a wet to dry hair-brush. On 9 March 2015, skin care line Nip + Fab announced that Jenner became their second ambassador ever since Millie Mackintosh. In June 2015, the Jenner sisters launched their clothing line Kendall + Kylie with British fashion retailer Topshop.
Jenner, along with her sister Kendall, have co-hosted numerous public events together. The sisters hosted Glee: The 3D Concert Movie at the Regency Village Theater in Westwood, California on August 6, 2011, as well as the premiere of The Vow in Hollywood, California on February 6, 2012. The Jenners also interviewed the cast of The Hunger Games premiere in the Bing Box at The Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on March 12, 2012. The Jenner sisters co-hosted the 2014 Much Music Video Awards, where Kylie made her acting debut in a promo for the show in Toronto, Canada, on June 15, 2014.
Jenner began her modeling career with the Sears line "Crush Your Style" and has done photo shoots with photographer Nick Saglimbeni and modeled for her cousin Natasha's clothing company. She has also expressed an interest in acting, but has explained that college is a greater priority. Jenner announced that she hopes to pursue an acting career, saying "Right now I love designing and I want to pursue that career once I turn 18, but acting is something I would regret not giving a chance when I'm older, so I would love to try it and see if I like it, I used to do plays in school and then in my community. I would participate in all of them 'til I was 13". In August 2014, Jenner sisters appeared in singer PartyNextDoor's "Recognize" music video which also featured Drake. In 2011, they were featured in Seventeen magazine's Style Stars of the Year, and selected them as "Style Ambassadors" for the magazine. In 2014, the Jenner sisters co-authored science fiction novel Rebels: City of Indra with ghostwriter Maya Sloan. The novel was criticized upon release as a ghostwritten work, which prompted Sloan to clarify that the book was compiled and edited from the Jenner sisters' original ideas.
Jenner has been featured on the covers of various teen, beauty and fashion magazines, including Cosmopolitan (February 2015), Teen Vogue (March 2012, May 2015), Marie Claire Mexico (March 2014), Seventeen (September 2012), Remix (March 2015), Seventeen Prom (January 2014) and Girlfriend (September 2014).
Jenner set up an eBay account where she auctions old clothing to raise money for the Children's Hospital Los Angeles. The Kardashian and Jenner sisters used eBay in this way to raise $27,682.96 for their charities in 2013. Jenner joined her family in a charity yard sale on November 10, 2013. Proceeds from the sale were donation-matched and sent to Share Our Strength: No Kid Hungry and the Greater Los Angeles Fisher House Foundation. She joined Khloe, Kendall, Lil Twist, and The Game at PINZ bowling alley in Studio City, California for a charity bowling game on January 19, 2014. The event was held to raise money for The Robin Hood Foundation, a nonprofit for which The Game pledged to raise $1 million in donations. The Jenner sisters participated in singer Chris Brown's two Kick’n It For Charity Celebrity Kickball games in Glendale, California on July 19, 2014 and on August 16, 2014. At the first game, she competed on actor/singer Quincy Brown's Team; while Kendall played on Chris Brown‘s Team Breezy.
In February 2015, Jenner purchased a $2.7 million five-bedroom, 5.5-bath mansion in an upscale gated community in Calabasas, California, which she will make her primary residence upon her 18th birthday. Jenner started dating rapper Tyga in 2014 which sparked controversy from their age differences. She is a close friend of singer Pia Mia.
Jenner admitted to getting a lip augmentation on a episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians when it aired in May 2015. Her enhanced lips from lip fillers created speculation and gained her publicity. She stated before the episode she just used lip liner and over lined her lips. Fans enlarged their lips with implements such as bottles and posted the results online to compete in the "Kylie Jenner Challenge". Jenner replied by tweeting "I'm not here to try & encourage people/young girls to look like me or to think this is the way they should look." Other celebrities such as English-Romani singer Cher Lloyd also responded and disapproved the challenge.
|2007–present||Keeping Up with the Kardashians||Main cast|||
|2010, 2013||Kourtney and Khloé Take Miami||Episodes: "It's My Life" and "Dragon Me Down"|||
|2012||America's Next Top Model, Cycle 18||Episode: "Kris Jenner"|||
|2012||Million Dollar Closets||Premiere episode|||
|2014||Deal with It||Episode: "Kendall & Kylie & Gary Owens"|||
|2014||Much Music Video Awards||Co-host|||
|2014||Kourtney and Khloé Take The Hamptons||1 episode|||
|2014||Ridiculousness||Episode: "Kendall and Kylie Jenner"|||
Awards and nominations
|2015||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Selfie Taker||Pending|
- Corriston, Michele (August 10, 2014). "Kylie Jenner Turns 17: How the Kardashians and Justin Bieber Wished Her Happy Birthday". People. Time Inc. Retrieved October 20, 2014.
The Keeping up with the Kardashians star turned 17 on Sunday [August 10, 2014]…
- "The 25 Most Influential Teens of 2014". Time. Time Inc. October 13, 2014. Retrieved June 18, 2015.
- Passalaqua, Holly (21 July 2015). "Kylie Jenner Graduates High School—Check Out Her Tweets!". E! News. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- Rothman, Michael (24 July 2015). "Inside Kylie Jenner's High School Graduation". ABC News. Retrieved 24 July 2015.
- Nordyke, Kimberly (November 13, 2007). "'Kardashians' earns its keep". The Hollywood Reporter. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- Wagmeister, Elizabeth (February 27, 2015). "Kendall & Kylie Jenner: ‘Kardashians’ Spinoff Series in Works". Variety. Penske Business Media. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- Hendricks, Jaclyn (March 2, 2015). "Kendall and Kylie Jenner score ‘Kardashian’ spinoff". New York Post. News Corp. Retrieved June 19, 2015.
- Weigle, Lauren (May 10, 2015). "Kylie Jenner Net Worth: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know". Heavy.com. Retrieved June 20, 2015.
- Sieczkowski, Cavan (September 18, 2013). "Kendall Jenner, Kylie Jenner Each Made $100,000 For OPI Nail Polish Deal". Huffington Post. AOL Inc. Retrieved June 18, 2015.
- "PacSun Launches Premier "Kendall & Kylie" Collection Nationwide". Yahoo!. Archived from the original on July 14, 2013. Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- Apatoff, Alex (July 17, 2013). "Kendall and Kylie Jenner Launch Their Own Jewelry Line: Get an Exclusive First Look!". People. Time Inc. Retrieved June 19, 2015.
- Mau, Dhani (December 13, 2011). "Kendall and Kylie Jenner Just Landed a Jewelry Line and Their Own Reality Show". Fashionista. Retrieved June 18, 2015.
- Denley, Susan (February 19, 2014). "Kylie and Kendall Jenner launch new collection with Steve Madden". Los Angeles Times. Tribune Publishing. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- Fowler, Brandi (February 22, 2014). "Kendall and Kylie Jenner Stun at Madden Girl Shoe and Handbag Launch". E! Online. NBCUniversal. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- "Kylie Hair Kouture by Bellami Hair". Bellami Hair. Retrieved 6 May 2015.
- "Meet Kylie Jenner - Ambassador for Nip + Fab". nipandfab.com. Nip + Fab. Retrieved 6 May 2015.
- London, Bianca. "Kylie Jenner rocks head-to-toe leopard as she's unveiled as ambassador for Nip + Fab skincare brand". DailyMail. Retrieved 6 May 2015.
- Adlman, Nicole (June 4, 2015). "Kendall Jenner & Kylie Jenner Dish on Their New Topshop Line, Talk Caitlyn Jenner". E! Online. NBCUniversal. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- "Leggy Teens Kendall and Kylie Jenner Step Out at Glee 3D Premiere". Us Weekly. Wenner Media LLC. August 8, 2011. Retrieved November 18, 2014.
- "Kendall and Kylie Jenner At the LA Premiere of ‘The Vow’". Celebuzz. Buzz Media. February 7, 2012. Retrieved June 20, 2015.
- "Kendall & Kylie Jenner: Interviewing the Cast of ‘The Hunger Games’". Celebuzz. Buzz Media. March 19, 2012. Retrieved June 20, 2015.
- "Kendall and Kylie Jenner are your co-hosts for the 2014 MMVAs!". Muchmusic.com. Bell Media. May 20, 2015. Retrieved June 11, 2015.
- Keltner de Valle, Jane. "Growing-up Kardashian; Kendall and Kylie Jenner". Teen Vogue. Advance Publications. Retrieved February 6, 2011.
- Wilson, Jess. "Kylie Jenner reveals she wants a career in acting". Mirror. Retrieved June 16, 2014.
- Nadeska, Alexis (August 14, 2014). "Watch Kendall And Kylie Jenner Cameo With Drake In PartyNextDoor’s ‘Recognize’ Video". MTV News. Viacom Media Networks. Retrieved June 19, 2015.
- Collis, Ellen. "The Best Fashion Moments of 2011!". Seventeen. Archived from the original on June 18, 2015. Retrieved June 18, 2015.
- Strauss, Erika (November 22, 2011). "Kendall and Kylie Jenner Named Seventeen Magazine's Style Stars of 2011". Wetpaint. Retrieved June 18, 2015.
- Robinson, Kat (April 24, 2012). "Kendall and Kylie Jenner land jobs with Seventeen". SheKnows. SheKnows Media. Retrieved June 19, 2015.
- Kaufman, Amy (July 1, 2014). "For Maya Sloan, ghostwriting Jenners' YA book just part of fiction fun". Los Angeles Times. Tribune Publishing. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- Keirans, Maeve (January 6, 2015). "Kylie Jenner Has New Hair But Same Lips On Cover Of ‘Cosmo’". MTV News. Viacom Media Networks. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- Bayley, Leanne (April 17, 2015). "Kylie Jenner looks super pretty on Teen Vogue cover". Glamour. Condé Nast Publications. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- Krupnick, Ellie (January 30, 2012). "Kylie, Kendall Jenner Cover Teen Vogue March 2012 Issue". The Huffington Post. AOL Inc. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- Johnson, Zach (February 20, 2014). "Kendall and Kylie Jenner Cover Marie Claire Mexico, Talk Career Ambitions and Being Famous Teens". E! Online. NBCUniversal. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- "Kylie Jenner: Covering ‘Seventeen’ Magazine’s September Issue". Celebuzz. SpinMedia. July 31, 2012. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- Fernadez, Steven (March 25, 2015). "Remix Magazine Beauty & Luxe Edition with Kylie Jenner". Remix. Remix Media Ltd. Retrieved May 5, 2015.
- McRady, Rachel (December 17, 2013). "Kylie Jenner: I Don't Have a Boyfriend, Jaden Smith's Just My "Best Guy Friend"". Us Weekly. Wenner Media LLC. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- Toomey, Alyssa (August 25, 2014). "Kylie Jenner Stuns on the Cover of Girlfriend Magazine, Says It "Sucks Being Judged by the World"". E! Online. NBCUniversal. Retrieved June 12, 2014.
- Rees, Alex (February 14, 2014). "In The Past Year, The Kardashians Made Over $270,000 Selling Their Old Clothes On eBay". Cosmopolitan. Hearst Corporation. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- Gicas, Peter (November 11, 2013). "Kim Kardashian and Family Hold Yard Sale to Raise Money for Charity—See the Pics!". E! Online. NBCUniversal. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- "Khloé Kardashian, Kendall Jenner And Kylie Jenner Enjoy A Night Of Charity Bowling With The Game And Lil Twist" Charities Are Us on CaringIsCool.com, January 23, 2014. Retrieved November 17, 2014.
- Heller, Corinne (August 17, 2014). "Kendall Jenner Sports Chic, Football-Inspired Look at Charity Game, Hugs Rapper The Game". E! Online. NBCUniversal. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- "Kylie Jenner Cops $2.7 Million Calabasas Mansion". BallerStatus.com. February 24, 2015.
- Krause, Katie (February 24, 2015). "Inside Kylie Jenner's New $2.7 Million Mansion - Is She Too Young To Be a Homeowner?". ETonline.
- "Tyga Confirms Relationship with Kylie Jenner in Sweet Instagram Post". People. Time Inc. March 14, 2015. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- Kylie Jenner's BFF Pia Mia flashes the flesh in sexy hot pink bikini for new music video. Mirror. June 4, 2015.
- Rothman, Michael (6 May 2015). "Kylie Jenner Admits to Using Lip Fillers". ABC News. Retrieved 6 July 2015.
- 'At 10 she'd say "Kimmy, how come my lips aren't as big as yours?"': Kim Kardashian reveals Kylie, 17, envied her plump pout for years before getting fillers. Daily Mail. May 8, 2015.
- Kylie Jenner Responds To People Taking the Disturbing 'Kylie Jenner Challenge'. E! News. April 2015.
- Tweet 590187227184910337. Twitter. April 20, 2015.
- "Keeping Up with the Kardashians – Cast". TV Guide. CBS Interactive. Retrieved June 11, 2015.
- Raines, Leigh (August 9, 2010). "Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami Review: "It's My Life"". TV Fanatic. Retrieved June 11, 2015.
- "Kourtney & Kim Take Miami, Season 5 – Episode "Dragon Me Down"". iTunes. Retrieved June 11, 2015.
- Reiher, Andrea (Mar 7, 2012). "'America's Next Top Model': Kris, Kendall, Kylie Jenner help the creepiest photoshoot ever". Zap2it. Retrieved June 11, 2015.
- "Inside HGTV’s “Million Dollar Closets”". LA Closet Design. July 16, 2012. Retrieved June 11, 2015.
- "Deal With It – Season 2 Episodes". TV Guide. CBS Interactive. Retrieved June 11, 2015.
- Rohwedder, Kristie (November 24, 2014). "Kris, Kim, Kendall & Kylie Take ‘Kourtney & Khloe Take the Hamptons’ & Their Timing Couldn’t Be Better". Bustle. Retrieved June 11, 2015.
- Wagmeister, Elizabeth (August 21, 2014). "Kylie Jenner Pulled A Knife On Kendall — Watch The Sisters Fight". Hollywood Life. Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved June 11, 2015.