Jenner in 2015
|Born||Kylie Kristen Jenner
August 10, 1997
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Education||Sierra Canyon School
Laurel Springs School
Kylie Kristen Jenner (born August 10, 1997) is an American reality television personality, socialite and model. Born and raised in Los Angeles, California, she is best known for appearing on the E! reality television series Keeping Up with the Kardashians. In 2012, she collaborated with the clothing brand PacSun, along with her sister Kendall, and created their own line "Kendall & Kylie". Their sci-fi novel, Rebels: City of Indra, was released in 2014. Time magazine named the Jenner sisters in "The 25 Most Influential Teens of 2014" for their considerable influence among teens on social media. Time magazine named Jenner in their list the following year as one of the "30 Most Influential Teens of 2015".
Jenner was born in Los Angeles, California. She is the youngest daughter of 1976 Summer Olympics decathlon winner Caitlyn Jenner (then known as Bruce Jenner[a]) and TV personality Kris Jenner. She has an older sister, Kendall. On Kris's side of the family, she has three older half-sisters, Kourtney, Kim and Khloé Kardashian, and one older half-brother, Rob. Jenner also has three older half-brothers from Caitlyn's side of the family—Burt, Brandon, and Brody Jenner—and an older half-sister, Casey. Jenner attended Sierra Canyon School, where she was a member of the cheerleading team. In 2012, she decided homeschooling would be a better option and enrolled in an at-home education program, from which she graduated with a high school diploma in July 2015 from Laurel Springs School.
In 2007, Jenner, along with her parents and siblings, Kendall, Kourtney, Kim, Khloé, and Rob, began appearing in the reality television series Keeping Up with the Kardashians, which chronicles the personal and professional lives of their family members. The series was successful for its network, E!, and has resulted in the creation of numerous spin-offs including Kourtney and Kim Take Miami, Khloé & Lamar, Kourtney and Kim Take New York, and Kourtney and Khloé Take The Hamptons, in which Jenner has made multiple guest appearances. There have also been speculations about a possible spin-off series starring the Jenner sisters, following a multi-year extension deal that the family signed with the E! network in 2015.
Jenner has two nail lacquers from the Nicole by OPI nail polish brand called Wear Something Spar-kylie and Rainbow in the S-kylie. They earned $100,000 each for their OPI endorsements in 2013. On November 15, 2013, the Jenner sisters announced that they would launch The Kendall & Kylie Collection with PacSun which launched on February 2013. Since its conception, the sisters have released several collections for this line. In July 2013, the Jenner sisters launched a jewelry line with Pascal Mouawad's Glamhouse to create the Metal Haven by Kendall & Kylie jewelery collection.
In February 2014, she and Kendall launched a shoe and handbag line for Steve Madden's Madden Girl line. Jenner launched her hair extension line with Bellami Hair, entitled Kylie Hair Kouture, which includes sixteen different shades and a wet to dry hair-brush. In March 2015, skin care line Nip + Fab announced that Jenner became their second ambassador ever since Millie Mackintosh. In June 2015, the Jenner sisters launched their clothing line Kendall + Kylie with British fashion retailer Topshop. On August 18, 2015, Jenner announced she will be launching her first lipstick line as a part of her self-titled lip kit. In September 2015, Jenner launched her new personalized website and mobile app.
Jenner, along with her sister Kendall, have co-hosted numerous public events together. The sisters hosted Glee: The 3D Concert Movie at the Regency Village Theater in Westwood, California on August 6, 2011, as well as the premiere of The Vow in Hollywood, California on February 6, 2012. The Jenners also interviewed the cast of The Hunger Games premiere in the Bing Box at The Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on March 12, 2012. The Jenner sisters co-hosted the 2014 Much Music Video Awards, where Kylie made her acting debut in a promo for the show in Toronto, Canada, on June 15, 2014. The Jenner sisters introduced brother-in-law Kanye West's performance at the Billboard Music Awards on May 17, 2015.
Jenner began her modeling career with the Sears line "Crush Your Style" and has done photo shoots with photographer Nick Saglimbeni and modeled for her cousin Natasha's clothing company. She has also expressed an interest in acting, but has explained that college is a greater priority. Jenner announced that she hopes to pursue an acting career, saying "Right now I love designing and I want to pursue that career once I turn 18, but acting is something I would regret not giving a chance when I'm older, so I would love to try it and see if I like it, I used to do plays in school and then in my community. I would participate in all of them 'til I was 13". In August 2014, the Jenner sisters appeared in singer PartyNextDoor's "Recognize" music video which also featured Drake. In 2011, they were featured in Seventeen magazine's Style Stars of the Year, and selected them as "Style Ambassadors" for the magazine. In 2014, the Jenner sisters co-authored science fiction novel Rebels: City of Indra with ghostwriter Maya Sloan. The novel was criticized upon release as a ghostwritten work, which prompted Sloan to clarify that the book was compiled and edited from the Jenner sisters' original ideas.
Jenner has been featured on the covers of various teen, beauty and fashion magazines, including Cosmopolitan (February 2015), Teen Vogue (March 2012, May 2015), Marie Claire Mexico (March 2014), Seventeen (September 2012), Remix (March 2015), Seventeen Prom (January 2014) and Girlfriend (September 2014).
Jenner set up an eBay account where she auctions old clothing to raise money for the Children's Hospital Los Angeles. The Kardashian and Jenner sisters used eBay in this way to raise $27,682.96 for their charities in 2013. Jenner joined her family in a charity yard sale on November 10, 2013. Proceeds from the sale were donation-matched and sent to Share Our Strength: No Kid Hungry and the Greater Los Angeles Fisher House Foundation. She joined Khloe, Kendall, Lil Twist, and The Game at PINZ bowling alley in Studio City, California for a charity bowling game on January 19, 2014. The event was held to raise money for The Robin Hood Foundation, a nonprofit for which The Game pledged to raise $1 million in donations. The Jenner sisters participated in singer Chris Brown's two Kick'n It For Charity Celebrity Kickball games in Glendale, California on July 19, 2014 and on August 16, 2014. At the first game, she competed on actor/singer Quincy Brown's Team; while Kendall played on Chris Brown's Team Breezy.
In May 2015, an episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians premiered in which Jenner admitted to getting a lip augmentation. Her enhanced lips from lip fillers created speculation and gained her publicity. Prior to the episode's debut, Jenner stated that she merely used lip liner and over lined her lips. As a result, the practice of suctioning one's lips into a small glass in order to induce greater blood flow to swell the lips was called the "Kylie Jenner Challenge" (though there was no indication that Jenner herself employed this method). Jenner responded to this by stating, "I'm not here to try & encourage people/young girls to look like me or to think this is the way they should look."
In February 2015, Jenner purchased a $2.7 million five-bedroom, 5.5-bath mansion in an upscale gated community in Calabasas, California, which she made her primary residence upon her 18th birthday.
|2007–present||Keeping Up with the Kardashians||Main cast|||
|2010, 2013||Kourtney and Khloé Take Miami||Episodes: "It's My Life" and "Dragon Me Down"|||
|2012||America's Next Top Model, Cycle 18||Episode: "Kris Jenner"|||
|2012||Million Dollar Closets||Episode: "Pilot"|||
|2014||Deal with It||Episode: "Kendall & Kylie & Gary Owens"|||
|2014||Much Music Video Awards||Co-host|||
|2014||Kourtney and Khloé Take The Hamptons||1 episode|||
|2014||Ridiculousness||Episode: "Kendall and Kylie Jenner"|||
|2015||I Am Cait||3 episodes|||
|2015||Kingin' with Tyga||Episode: "The Life"|||
|2013||"Find That Girl"||The Boy Band Project||Love interest|||
|"Blue Ocean"||Jaden Smith||Herself|||
|"Dope'd Up"||Love interest|||
|"I'm Yours"||Justine Skye
(featuring Vic Mensa)
Awards and nominations
||Teen Choice Awards||Choice TV Reality Star: Female
(shared with female cast of Keeping Up)
||Choice TV Reality Star: Female
(shared with female cast of Keeping Up)
|Choice Selfie Taker||Nominated|
- Corriston, Michele (August 10, 2014). "Kylie Jenner Turns 17: How the Kardashians and Justin Bieber Wished Her Happy Birthday". People. Time Inc. Retrieved October 20, 2014.
The Keeping up with the Kardashians star turned 17 on Sunday [August 10, 2014]…
- "The 25 Most Influential Teens of 2014". Time (Time Inc.). October 13, 2014. Retrieved June 18, 2015.
- "The 30 Most Influential Teens of 2015". Time (Time Inc.). October 27, 2015. Retrieved October 28, 2015.
- Bissinger, Buzz (June 1, 2015). "Introducing Caitlyn Jenner". Vanity Fair. Retrieved June 1, 2015.
- Passalaqua, Holly (July 21, 2015). "Kylie Jenner Graduates High School—Check Out Her Tweets!". E! Online (NBCUniversal). Retrieved July 21, 2015.
- Rothman, Michael (July 24, 2015). "Inside Kylie Jenner's High School Graduation". ABC News. Retrieved July 24, 2015.
- Nordyke, Kimberly (November 13, 2007). "'Kardashians' earns its keep". The Hollywood Reporter. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- Wagmeister, Elizabeth (February 27, 2015). "Kendall & Kylie Jenner: 'Kardashians' Spinoff Series in Works". Variety. Penske Business Media. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- Hendricks, Jaclyn (March 2, 2015). "Kendall and Kylie Jenner score 'Kardashian' spinoff". New York Post. News Corp. Retrieved June 19, 2015.
- Weigle, Lauren (May 10, 2015). "Kylie Jenner Net Worth: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know". Heavy.com. Retrieved June 20, 2015.
- Sieczkowski, Cavan (September 18, 2013). "Kendall Jenner, Kylie Jenner Each Made $100,000 For OPI Nail Polish Deal". Huffington Post. AOL Inc. Retrieved June 18, 2015.
- "PacSun Launches Premier "Kendall & Kylie" Collection Nationwide". Yahoo! Finance. Archived from the original on July 14, 2013. Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- Apatoff, Alex (July 17, 2013). "Kendall and Kylie Jenner Launch Their Own Jewelry Line: Get an Exclusive First Look!". People. Time Inc. Retrieved June 19, 2015.
- Mau, Dhani (December 13, 2011). "Kendall and Kylie Jenner Just Landed a Jewelry Line and Their Own Reality Show". Fashionista. Retrieved June 18, 2015.
- Denley, Susan (February 19, 2014). "Kylie and Kendall Jenner launch new collection with Steve Madden". Los Angeles Times. Tribune Publishing. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- Fowler, Brandi (February 22, 2014). "Kendall and Kylie Jenner Stun at Madden Girl Shoe and Handbag Launch". E! Online. NBCUniversal. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- "Kylie Hair Kouture by Bellami Hair". Bellami Hair. Retrieved May 6, 2015.
- March, Bridget (March 9, 2015). "Kylie Jenner has bagged a big beauty job". Cosmopolitan. Hearst Corporation. Retrieved October 24, 2015.
- Adlman, Nicole (June 4, 2015). "Kendall Jenner & Kylie Jenner Dish on Their New Topshop Line, Talk Caitlyn Jenner". E! Online. NBCUniversal. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- Sierra, Lindsey (August 17, 2015). "Kylie Jenner Is Launching Her First-Ever Lipstick Line This Fall—Get the Scoop!". E! Online. NBCUniversal. Retrieved August 18, 2015.
- Adams, Char (September 16, 2015). "App Queen: Kylie Jenner's New App Surpasses Her Kardashian Sisters' Sites". People. Retrieved November 2, 2015.
- "Leggy Teens Kendall and Kylie Jenner Step Out at Glee 3D Premiere". Us Weekly. Wenner Media LLC. August 8, 2011. Retrieved November 18, 2014.
- "Kendall and Kylie Jenner At the LA Premiere of 'The Vow'". Celebuzz. Buzz Media. February 7, 2012. Retrieved June 20, 2015.
- "Kendall & Kylie Jenner: Interviewing the Cast of 'The Hunger Games'". Celebuzz. Buzz Media. March 19, 2012. Retrieved June 20, 2015.
- "Kendall and Kylie Jenner are your co-hosts for the 2014 MMVAs!". Muchmusic.com. Bell Media. May 20, 2015. Retrieved June 11, 2015.
- Vokes-Dudgeon, Sophie. "Kendall, Kylie Jenner Get Booed, Kanye West Is Silenced by Censors at Billboard Music Awards 2015". Retrieved August 5, 2015.
- Keltner de Valle, Jane. "Growing-up Kardashian; Kendall and Kylie Jenner". Teen Vogue. Advance Publications. Archived from the original on January 5, 2015. Retrieved October 24, 2015.
- Crow, Sarah (November 15, 2013). "Kylie Jenner Reveals Her Latest Ambition: Acting!". Wetpaint. Retrieved November 3, 2015.
- Nadeska, Alexis (August 14, 2014). "Watch Kendall And Kylie Jenner Cameo With Drake In PartyNextDoor's 'Recognize' Video". MTV News. Viacom Media Networks. Retrieved June 19, 2015.
- Collis, Ellen. "The Best Fashion Moments of 2011!". Seventeen. Archived from the original on June 18, 2015. Retrieved June 18, 2015.
- Strauss, Erika (November 22, 2011). "Kendall and Kylie Jenner Named Seventeen Magazine's Style Stars of 2011". Wetpaint. Retrieved June 18, 2015.
- Robinson, Kat (April 24, 2012). "Kendall and Kylie Jenner land jobs with Seventeen". SheKnows. SheKnows Media. Retrieved June 19, 2015.
- Kaufman, Amy (July 1, 2014). "For Maya Sloan, ghostwriting Jenners' YA book just part of fiction fun". Los Angeles Times. Tribune Publishing. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- Keirans, Maeve (January 6, 2015). "Kylie Jenner Has New Hair But Same Lips On Cover Of 'Cosmo'". MTV News. Viacom Media Networks. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- Bayley, Leanne (April 17, 2015). "Kylie Jenner looks super pretty on Teen Vogue cover". Glamour. Condé Nast Publications. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- Krupnick, Ellie (January 30, 2012). "Kylie, Kendall Jenner Cover Teen Vogue March 2012 Issue". The Huffington Post. AOL Inc. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- Johnson, Zach (February 20, 2014). "Kendall and Kylie Jenner Cover Marie Claire Mexico, Talk Career Ambitions and Being Famous Teens". E! Online. NBCUniversal. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- "Kylie Jenner: Covering 'Seventeen' Magazine's September Issue". Celebuzz. SpinMedia. July 31, 2012. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- Fernadez, Steven (March 25, 2015). "Remix Magazine Beauty & Luxe Edition with Kylie Jenner". Remix. Remix Media Ltd. Retrieved May 5, 2015.
- McRady, Rachel (December 17, 2013). "Kylie Jenner: I Don't Have a Boyfriend, Jaden Smith's Just My "Best Guy Friend"". Us Weekly. Wenner Media LLC. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- Toomey, Alyssa (August 25, 2014). "Kylie Jenner Stuns on the Cover of Girlfriend Magazine, Says It "Sucks Being Judged by the World"". E! Online. NBCUniversal. Retrieved June 12, 2014.
- Rees, Alex (February 14, 2014). "In The Past Year, The Kardashians Made Over $270,000 Selling Their Old Clothes On eBay". Cosmopolitan. Hearst Corporation. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- Gicas, Peter (November 11, 2013). "Kim Kardashian and Family Hold Yard Sale to Raise Money for Charity—See the Pics!". E! Online. NBCUniversal. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- "Khloé Kardashian, Kendall Jenner And Kylie Jenner Enjoy A Night Of Charity Bowling With The Game And Lil Twist". Yahoo! Sports. January 20, 2014. Retrieved October 24, 2015.
- Peters, Mitchell (July 20, 2014). "Chris Brown & Quincy Host Celebrity Kickball Game in Los Angeles (Photos)". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved October 24, 2015.
- Heller, Corinne (August 17, 2014). "Kendall Jenner Sports Chic, Football-Inspired Look at Charity Game, Hugs Rapper The Game". E! Online. NBCUniversal. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- Rothman, Michael (May 6, 2015). "Kylie Jenner Admits to Using Lip Fillers". ABC News. Retrieved July 6, 2015.
- Bueno, Antoinette (May 6, 2015). "Kylie Jenner Finally Reveals the Truth About Her Lips: 'I Have Temporary Lip Fillers'". Entertainment Tonight. CBS Television Distribution. Retrieved October 24, 2015.
- Boone, John (April 20, 2015). "People Are Doing the 'Kylie Jenner Challenge' and the Results Are Hilariously Awful". Entertainment Tonight. CBS Television Distribution. Retrieved October 24, 2015.
- Reed, Sam (April 21, 2015). "Kylie Jenner Speaks Out on the #KylieJennerChallenge". The Hollywood Reporter. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved October 24, 2015.
- Rees, Alex (February 24, 2015). "Kylie Jenner Buys $2.7 Million Calabasas Starter Home". Cosmopolitan. Retrieved November 3, 2015.
- Krause, Katie (February 24, 2015). "Inside Kylie Jenner's New $2.7 Million Mansion – Is She Too Young To Be a Homeowner?". Entertainment Tonight. CBS Television Distribution. Retrieved October 24, 2015.
- "Keeping Up with the Kardashians – Cast". TV Guide. CBS Interactive. Retrieved June 11, 2015.
- Raines, Leigh (August 9, 2010). "Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami Review: "It's My Life"". TV Fanatic. Retrieved June 11, 2015.
- "Kourtney & Kim Take Miami, Season 5 – Episode "Dragon Me Down"". iTunes. Retrieved June 11, 2015.
- Reiher, Andrea (March 7, 2012). "'America's Next Top Model': Kris, Kendall, Kylie Jenner help the creepiest photoshoot ever". Zap2it. Retrieved June 11, 2015.
- "Inside HGTV's "Million Dollar Closets"". LA Closet Design. July 16, 2012. Retrieved June 11, 2015.
- "Deal With It – Season 2 Episodes". TV Guide. CBS Interactive. Retrieved June 11, 2015.
- Rohwedder, Kristie (November 24, 2014). "Kris, Kim, Kendall & Kylie Take 'Kourtney & Khloe Take the Hamptons' & Their Timing Couldn't Be Better". Bustle. Retrieved June 11, 2015.
- Wagmeister, Elizabeth (August 21, 2014). "Kylie Jenner Pulled A Knife On Kendall — Watch The Sisters Fight". Hollywood Life. Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved June 11, 2015.
- Corriston, Michele (July 21, 2015). "I Am Cait: Kylie Jenner First Met Caitlyn Jenner over FaceTime: 'You Look Pretty!'". People. Time Inc. Retrieved October 24, 2015.
- "Kingin' with Tyga News & Full Episode – S1, E6 – "The Life"". MTV. Retrieved October 24, 2015.
- Neuenschwander, Andy (August 29, 2013). "Kylie Jenner Stars in New Music Video from Boy Band Project—Watch!". E! Online. Retrieved December 6, 2015.
- Devora, Abby (October 21, 2014). "Need To Know: Watch Jaden Smith’s ‘Blue Ocean’ Video Featuring Kylie Jenner". MTV. Retrieved December 6, 2015.
- Bacardi, Francesca (August 31, 2015). "Kylie Jenner Stars in Tyga's "Stimulated" Music Video, Couple Puts Their Romance (and PDA) on Display—Watch Now!". E! Online. Retrieved December 7, 2015.
- Weiner, Natalie (October 31, 2015). "Watch Kylie Jenner Join Tyga in His Video For 'Dope'd Up'...As a Zombie". Billboard. Retrieved December 7, 2015.
- Corriston, Michele (November 4, 2015). "Watch Kendall and Kylie Jenner Sing Karaoke in Justine Skye's New Music Video". People. Retrieved December 7, 2015.
- "Complete list of Teen Choice 2013 Awards winners". Los Angeles Times. Tribune Publishing. August 11, 2013. Retrieved October 24, 2015.
- Nordyke, Kimberly (August 10, 2014). "Teen Choice Awards: The Complete Winners List". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved August 17, 2014.
- Johnson, Zach (July 8, 2015). "Teen Choice Awards 2015 Nominees: Wave 2 Revealed!". E! Online. NBCUniversal. Retrieved July 10, 2015.
Find more about
at Wikipedia's sister projects
|Media from Commons|
|Textbooks from Wikibooks|