|Full name||Kylie Jayne Palmer|
25 February 1990|
|Height||1.72 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Weight||68 kg (150 lb)|
She attended Grace Lutheran College, Rothwell. She was Sports Captain for her house, Pegasus and represented the school in many aquatic events.
At the 2007 Australian Short Course Championships she set an Australian and Commonwealth record in the 800 metres freestyle of 8:14.11.
At the 2008 Short Course World Championships in Manchester, Palmer won 4 medals. Two titles over 200-metre and 400-metre freestyle, one silver medal over 800-metre freestyle and a bronze medal with the 4×200-metre freestyle relay.
At the 2008 Australian Swimming Championships, she won the 800-metre freestyle in a personal best time of 8:24.30, thus qualifying for the 2008 Summer Olympics. Also, by finishing 4th in the 200-metre freestyle, she qualified to swim in the relay at the games.
At the Beijing Olympics, 14 August 2008, Palmer won gold for the 4×200-metre women's relay team, with other members Stephanie Rice, Bronte Barratt and Linda MacKenzie. The Australian team overcame world superpowers USA and China to beat the world record of 7:44:31 by 5.78 seconds. Palmer was the fastest swimmer of her team, giving Australia a 3.14 second advantage.
At the 2010 Commonwealth Games, Palmer won the gold medal in the 200-metre freestyle with a time of 1:57:50.
In April 2015, Palmer was notified that she had failed a doping test at the 2013 World Aquatics Championships in Barcelona, forcing Swimming Australia to remove her from the Australian swim team for the 2015 World Aquatics Championships in Kazan.
- List of Australian records in swimming
- List of Olympic medalists in swimming (women)
- List of World Aquatics Championships medalists in swimming (women)
- List of Commonwealth Games medallists in swimming (women)
- World record progression 4 × 200 metres freestyle relay
- "Palmer, Kylie Jane". It's An Honour. Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet. Retrieved 26 January 2009.
- Redcliffe Leagues Swimming Club Archived 3 May 2012 at the Wayback Machine.. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- Albany Creek Swim Club. Retrieved 10 march 2015.
- Lord, Craig (June 18, 2015). "Kylie Palmer Faces The Baffling Case Of A 2013 'Diuretic Positive' She Just Heard About". Swimvortex. Retrieved December 11, 2015.
| Women's 4×200 metres freestyle relay
world record holder (long course)
14 August 2008 – 30 July 2009