Kym Campbell performing at the Sounds Australia 2010 showcase in Kobe, Japan.
|Birth name||Kimberly Campbell|
4 August 1981|
|Origin||Seattle, Washington, United States|
|Genres||Acoustic, Pop, Surf, Reggae|
|Instruments||Vocal, guitar, ukulele, harmonica|
|Associated acts||The Beautiful Girls, Ash Grunwald|
Kym Campbell is an Australian singer-songwriter and women’s health coach, originally from Seattle, Washington USA. Campbell writes and performs earthy, stripped back music incorporating roots, folk and reggae. Her music is influenced by Ben Harper, Jack Johnson, Jason Mraz and Bob Marley, among other artists.
In 2015 Campbell started the blog site Smart Fertility Choices where she began writing about her personal struggles with polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and the resulting infertility caused by this endocrine disorder. After nearly five years of unsuccessful fertility treatments, she made dramatic changes to her diet and lifestyle and was able to fall pregnant naturally.
When not playing music, Campbell now helps other women apply evidence based lifestyle interventions to treat their PCOS through her free 30 Day PCOS Diet Challenge and Beat PCOS 10 Week online program.
While in university, Campbell traveled to Australia in a study abroad program. Soon after graduating, she moved permanently to Australia, where she started surfing, songwriting, and playing guitar while traveling the country.
Campbell married in 2011 and gave birth to her first child in 2017 after a long struggle with infertility.
Campbell was inspired to learn to play music at age 20, after attending a Ben Harper concert in Berkeley, California. Shortly after picking up the guitar, Campbell moved from Seattle to Australia. She released her debut EP, So Alive in 2008. So Alive was soon selected as the soundtrack for a number of surfing DVDs and events, including the Quiksilver Pro France in 2009.
Recording of her first full-length album commenced December 2010, in Melbourne, Australia. The album is anticipated to be released in Japan early 2011, with a single release planned for mid-2011 in Australia.
- Real Life (2011/2012)
- 2008: So Alive (EP) Australian East Coast Tour
- Early 2009: Preview (Single) Australian East Coast Tour
- Late 2009: Preview (Single) Australian East Coast Tour
- Early 2010: Preview (EP) Australian National Tour
- Late 2010: Preview (EP) Australia/Japan Tour
- 2011: Real Life (Debut Album) Japan Tour
- 2012: Real Life (Debut Album) Australian National Tour
- Finalist, Top 10 Music Oz Awards (2008)
- Selected for Sounds Australia showcase, Kobe, Japan (2010)
- ThisIsModern.net – Kym Campbell, Preview EP
- MySpace.com – Kym Campbell
- Bennett, Rod (5 November 2010). "Laid back Kym's double life". Manly Daily.
- Official Biography – Kym Campbell Biography
- Bodkin, Peter (22 January 2010). "Music mirrors her lifestyle". Manly Daily.
- Last.fm Wiki Bio – Kym Campbell
- Official Recording announcement – Recording, music videos, and more tours
- Greenroom Festival -
- Pony Canyon -
- MusicOz.org – Top 10 Finalists MusicOz Awards 2008 Archived 24 October 2009 at the Wayback Machine.