Kym Campbell performing at the Sounds Australia 2010 showcase in Kobe, Japan.
|Birth name||Kimberly Campbell|
4 August 1981 |
|Origin||Seattle, Washington, United States|
|Genres||Acoustic, Pop, Surf, Reggae|
|Instruments||Vocal, guitar, ukulele, harmonica|
|Associated acts||The Beautiful Girls, Ash Grunwald|
Kym Campbell is an Australian singer-songwriter, originally from Seattle, Washington USA. Campbell writes and performs earthy, stripped back music incorporating roots, folk and reggae. Her music is influenced by Ben Harper, Jack Johnson, Jason Mraz and Bob Marley, among other artists.
While in university, Campbell traveled to Australia in a study abroad program. Soon after graduating, she moved permanently to Australia, where she started surfing, songwriting, and playing guitar while traveling the country.
Campbell was inspired to learn to play music at age 20, after attending a Ben Harper concert in Berkeley, California. Shortly after picking up the guitar, Campbell moved from Seattle to Australia. She released her debut EP, So Alive in 2008. So Alive was soon selected as the soundtrack for a number of surfing DVDs and events, including the Quiksilver Pro France in 2009.
Recording of her first full-length album commenced December 2010, in Melbourne, Australia. The album is anticipated to be released in Japan early 2011, with a single release planned for mid-2011 in Australia.
- Real Life (2011/2012)
- 2008: So Alive (EP) Australian East Coast Tour
- Early 2009: Preview (Single) Australian East Coast Tour
- Late 2009: Preview (Single) Australian East Coast Tour
- Early 2010: Preview (EP) Australian National Tour
- Late 2010: Preview (EP) Australia/Japan Tour
- 2011: Real Life (Debut Album) Japan Tour
- 2012: Real Life (Debut Album) Australian National Tour
- Finalist, Top 10 Music Oz Awards (2008)
- Selected for Sounds Australia showcase, Kobe, Japan (2010)
- ThisIsModern.net – Kym Campbell, Preview EP
- MySpace.com – Kym Campbell
- Bennett, Rod (5 November 2010). "Laid back Kym's double life". Manly Daily.
- Official Biography – Kym Campbell Biography
- Bodkin, Peter (22 January 2010). "Music mirrors her lifestyle". Manly Daily.
- Last.fm Wiki Bio – Kym Campbell
- Official Recording announcement – Recording, music videos, and more tours
- Greenroom Festival -
- Pony Canyon -
- MusicOz.org – Top 10 Finalists MusicOz Awards 2008