|License||Proprietary commercial software|
Kynapse is the artificial intelligence middleware product, developed by Kynogon, which was bought by Autodesk in 2008 and called Autodesk Kynapse. In 2011, it has been re-engineered and rebranded Autodesk Navigation.
- A complete 3D pathfinding
- An automatic AI data generation tool
- Optimizations for multicore/multiprocessing/Cell architectures
- Spatial reasoning
- Streaming mechanisms to handle very large terrains
- The management of dynamic and destructible terrains
Kynapse has been used in the development of more than 80 game titles including Mafia II, Crackdown, Alone in the Dark 5, Fable II, Medal of Honor: Airborne, Sacred 2: Fallen Angel, Watchmen: The End Is Nigh, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar and the Unreal engine. Kynapse is also being used by companies such as EADS, BAE Systems or Électricité de France to develop military or industrial simulation.
- Kynapse adds Wii support - News - www.developmag.com
- Barnett, Patrick (March 7, 2012). "Autodesk Enters License Agreement with Nintendo". Nintendo World Report.
- "Autodesk Unveils New Gameware Navigation Artificial Intelligence Middleware".
- Gamasutra - Real Time Worlds Grabs Kynapse AI For Crackdown
- Kynapse Gets Alone In The Dark news from 1UP.com[permanent dead link]
- Gamasutra - Turbine Chooses Kynapse For Major MMO Licenses
- "EADS NetCOS Utilizes Kynapse To Develop Next Generation Simulation Systems". modsim.org. Archived from the original on 20 December 2010. Retrieved 25 January 2018.