Kyoto Jazz Massive
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Kyoto Jazz Massive is a musical project specialising in Crossover Jazz and electronic styles, consisting of the two brothers Okino Shuya and Okino Yoshihiro. The group has also included Hajime Yoshizawa, the pianist producer, on a number of works and albums. Although the brothers DJed in the late 1980s and were remixing and composing as far back as the early 1990s, they were largely popularised by the British Radio 1 DJ Gilles Peterson in around 2001. The brothers are currently signed to Compost Records.
The group has held a number of events and shows in and around Japan, and have worked with countless artists through remixing tunes or production of their own tracks, and have worked with several labels. They include (but are not limited to) Bebel Gilberto, Monday Michiru, DJ Krush, Especial Records, Far Out Records, Yellow Productions.
- Spirit of the Sun (2002, Compost Records)
- Eclipse/Silent Messenger (Compost Records)
- Substream (Compost Records)
- Kyoto Jazz Massive EP (Sony Japan)
- Kyoto Jazz Massive (1994, For Life)
- Crossbreed (For Life)
- Crossbreed 2 (For Life)
- Fueled for the Future (2003, Compost Records)
- Re: KJM"
- For: KJM"
- By: KJM"
- Fueled for the Future (2005, Sony Japan)
- 10th Anniversary (2006, Compost Records)