Kyoto Seika University
The school is noted for its faculties of manga and anime, and being involved in the teaching and training of future manga artists. The dean of the manga faculty is Keiko Takemiya, and noted American anthropologist and translator Matt Thorn is also an associate professor at the school's faculty of manga. Graduates of the university have forged successful careers in the manga, anime, and media industries. In 2006, Kyoto Seika University and the city of Kyoto established the Kyoto International Manga Museum. Located in a converted elementary school building in downtown Kyoto, it has the world's largest manga collection.
- Kan Shimamoto (president)
- Naoya Hatakeyama (photography)
- Katsumi Asaba (art)
- Takayuki Suzuki (architecture)
- Kiyokazu Arai (architecture)
- Tsutomu Hayama (architecture)
- Atsuko Tanaka (architecture)
- Keiko Takemiya (manga)
- Motoka Murakami (manga)
- Noboru Rokuda (manga)
- Kentaro Takekuma (manga)
- Matt Thorn (manga)
- Gisaburō Sugii (animation)
- Hiroshi Ogawa (animation)
- Yoshiyuki Tomino (animation)
- Rintaro (animation)
- Yasumitsu Ikoma (oil painting)
- Genzo Kawamura (nihonga)
- Haruyuki Uchida (sculpture)
- "MAJORING IN MANGA: University Teaches Students How to Produce Comics". Japan Information Network. 2002-08-14. Retrieved 2009-03-29.
- "A Faculty of Manga". Cool Japan. 2009-02-04. NHK World, BS1, NHK BS-Hi Vision. Archived from the original on 2012-10-24.
- Takemiya the teacher
- A Lifetime of Shojo Manga
- "KSU: Faculty of Manga - Dept. of Manga Production". Archived from the original on April 14, 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-12.
- "Matt Thorn Returns to Translation". Publishers Weekly. 2009-02-17. Archived from the original on April 26, 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-12.
- "Project History". Kyoto International Manga Museum. Retrieved 2016-02-07.
|This Kyoto Prefecture location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a Kyoto Prefecture institute of higher education or related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|