Malone in 2009
|Birth name||Kyp Malone|
|Born||February 27, 1973|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, record producer, Actor|
|Instruments||Vocals, Guitar, Bass guitar|
Touch and Go Records|
Yams Collective |
TV on the Radio
Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson
David Kyp Joel Malone (born February 27, 1973) is a multi-instrumentalist and member of the bands TV on the Radio, Iran, Rain Machine, and Ice Balloons.
Malone formed Iran with film director/singer/songwriter Aaron Aites in 2000.
He later joined Tunde Adebimpe and David Sitek in TV on the Radio on Desperate Youth, Bloodthirsty Babes and has been in the band ever since. He writes, sings and plays instruments for the band. He addresses in his lyrics racism, show business, and politics in an indirect manner with poetry and images.
- Jordan, Chris. "Let It Rain; Kyp Malone's solo project tackles some, tough issues", Courier News, February 4, 2011. Accessed June 29, 2018. "Speaking of returns, Malone is a frequent visitor to Hunterdon County, mostly Frenchtown these days. He spent his teen years in Clinton and graduated from North Hunterdon High School in 1991."
- Pierrot, Gregory (November 2013). "There Will Be Mixed Blood: TV On the Radio, Werewolves Like Us". Melanine.org.
- LaBate, Steve (2007-10-16). "Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson: Summer of Fear". Paste Magazine. Retrieved 2011-03-07.
- Ayers, Mike (2009-09-25). "Kyp Malone Gets Deep and Desperate on 'Rain Machine'". Spinner (website). Retrieved 2011-03-07.
- Lawrence, Jordan. "Jolie Holland & Kyp Malon". Columbia Free Times. Retrieved 8 March 2011.
- Hilton, Robin. "First Listen: Sharon Van Etten, 'Epic'". NPR.org. Retrieved 8 March 2011.
- Smith, Dane (18 January 2011). "Confidence a plenty". Mountain Xpress. Retrieved 5 February 2011.
- Rohter, Larry (2011-09-01). "Blues From the Desert, Recorded On Site". New York Times. Retrieved 2011-09-01.
- Malone, Kyp. "Scumrock". imdb. Retrieved 6 April 2011.