|Born||Santa Clara, California|
Kyra Davis is a New York Times bestselling American novelist, best known for her Just One Night trilogy and the Sophie Katz mystery series. In 2013 Anonymous Content optioned Davis' Just One Night trilogy with the intent to develop it into a television series.
Davis was born in Santa Clara, California, to a Jewish single mother who raised Davis with the help of family. She was named after Kira Argounova, the protagonist in Ayn Rand's novel We The Living. Her father was African-American and her mother was of Eastern European descent, giving Davis a mixed heritage. Davis attended the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising and Fashion Institute of Technology, during which time she met and married her first husband. Davis later attended the Golden Gate University, where she graduated with a bachelor's degree in business and humanities. In 2001 Davis filed for divorce. Davis began writing the Sophie Katz series due to the stress resulting from the divorce and published her first novel through Red Dress Ink in 2005. In 2013 Davis published the Just One Night trilogy through Simon & Schuster's digital imprint.
Reception to Davis's work has been positive, with "Just One Night" getting a starred review in Publishers Weekly and Lust, Loathing and a Little Lip Gloss being one of GalleyCat's "Featured Book of Color Pick of the Day". The Houston Chronicle praised Sex, Murder and a Double Latte, calling it "a terrific mystery".
So Much For My Happy Ending received positive reviews, with Boston.com saying that the book had a "sensitive, honest, engaging voice".
Just One Night trilogy
- The Stranger (2013)
- Exposed (2013)
- Binding Agreement (2013)
- Just One Night (2013, compilation of all three novellas)
- Just One Lie
- Just One More
- Deceptive Innocence (2014, initially released in three parts)
- Dangerous Alliance (2014)
Sophie Katz Mysteries
- Sex, Murder and a Double Latte (2005)
- Passion, Betrayal And Killer Highlights (2006)
- Obsession, Deceit, and Really Dark Chocolate (2007)
- Lust, Loathing and a Little Lip Gloss (2009)
- Vows, Vendettas and a Little Black Dress (2010)
- Vanity, Vengeance And A Weekend In Vegas (2012)
- Seven Swans A' Shooting (2013)
- So Much for My Happy Ending (2006)
- Perfectly Plum: Unauthorized Essays On the Life, Loves And Other Disasters of Stephanie Plum, Trenton Bounty Hunter (2007)
- Everything I Needed to Know About Being a Girl I Learned from Judy Blume
- Stasio, Marilyn (August 21, 2005). "A Girl's Guide to Killing". New York Times. Retrieved August 9, 2012.
- "Anonymous Content Acquires Rights to Kyra Davis' Erotic Trilogy 'Just One Night' (Exclusive)". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved November 28, 2013.
- Marshall, John (June 23, 2005). "Novice writer spices her murder mystery with a double latte". Seattle PI. Retrieved August 9, 2012.
- "FACE TIME WITH... KYRA DAVIS, AUTHOR". San Jose Mercury News. May 8, 2005. Retrieved August 9, 2012.
- "Author Kyra Davis: The Next 'Fifty Shades of Grey'?". The Root. Retrieved November 28, 2013.
- "Culture : Sexe, mensonges et petite robe noire, de Kyra Davis". News de Stars. Retrieved August 9, 2012.
- Blackwell, Casey. "Sex, Murder and a Double Latte". Celebrity Cafe. Retrieved August 9, 2012.
- Rivera, Jeff. "Lust, Loathing, and a Little Lip Gloss by Kyra Davis". GalleyCat. Retrieved August 9, 2012.
- Abramson, Marcia (July 31, 2005). "Mystery and intrigue freshen up tired chick-lit formula". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved August 9, 2012.
- White, Diane. "Tales with twists of fate and family ties". Boston.com. Retrieved August 9, 2012.
- "'Just One Night' author Kyra Davis Reveals New Series, Linked Book Covers (Exclusive)". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved November 28, 2013.