Kyungpook National University
|Motto||진리, 긍지, 봉사|
"Truth, Pride, Service"
|Established||1946 (founded 1907)|
|President||18th President Kim Sang-Dong|
|Full-time1,880 including foreign
faculty of 80 in 2015 |
Part-time 1,660 (2010)
|Students||38,616 (as of Oct, 2015)|
|Campus||Urban Main campus complex at Sangyeok-dong, Buk-gu, Medical college & General hospital at Dongin, Dental Campus at Samduk and Sangju Campus|
|Kyungpook National University|
|Revised Romanization||Gyeongbuk Daehakgyo|
Kyungpook National University (경북대학교, abbreviated as KNU or Kyungdae, 경대) is a national university representing Daegu Metropolitan City and Gyeongbuk Province in South Korea . It is located in the Daegu Metropolitan City, which is the capital city of the Gyeongbuk Province, South Korea. (Kyungpook in the university's name represents an old romanization of the province's name, now most commonly spelled Gyeongbuk.)
Kyungpook National University was founded on September, 1946 by upgrading the Colleges of Education, Medicine and Agriculture in Daegu to the National College. In October, 1951, Colleges of Education, Medicine, Agriculture, Liberal Arts and Sciences, Law and Political Sciences combined into Kyungpook National University. Other departments including Engineering and Dentistry were established sequentially to create what is now known as Kyungpook National University.
- College of Humanities
- College of Social Sciences
- College of Natural Sciences
- College of Economics and Business Administration
- College of Engineering
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- College of Music and Visual Arts
- Teachers‘ College
- College of Veterinary Medicine
- College of Human Ecology
- College of Nursing
- College of IT Engineering
- College of Pharmacy
- Global Leaders School
- School of Public Administration
- Undeclared Major
- College of Ecology and Environmental Science
- College of Science and Engineering
- School of Health and Welfare
- The Graduate School
- Graduate School of Education
- Graduate School of Public Administration
- Graduate School of Business Administration
- Graduate School of Public Health
- Graduate School of Industry
- Graduate School of Agricultural Development
- Graduate School of International Studies
- Graduate School of Policy and Information
- Graduate School of Forensic and Investigative Science
- Graduate School of Science and Technology
- School of Dentistry
- School of Medicine
- Law School
| QS Asia|
(Asian Ranking version)
Kyungpook National University has four campuses in the Gyeongbuk province. The main campus, which houses the major engineering and science schools is located in the heart of Daegu city in the Buk-gu area. The Kyungpook National University also has separate campuses for its teaching hospital known as the Dongin campus as well as a campus at Samduk for its dental school and hospital. In addition, Kyungpook National University also functions from its Sangju campus.
Colleges and schools
- Kyungpook National University Museum
- Flagship Korean National Universities
- List of national universities in South Korea
- List of universities and colleges in South Korea
- List of Korea-related topics
- Education in Korea
- "QS South Korea University Rankings 2019". Top Universities. 2019. Retrieved July 20, 2019.
- U.S.News & World Report (2019). "Search Best Global Universities - US News Education". U.S. News & World Report LP. Retrieved July 20, 2019.
- "QS Asian University Rankings". QS Quacquarelli Symonds Limited. 2019. Retrieved August 16, 2019.
- "Times Higher Education Asia University Rankings". Times Higher Education. 2019. Retrieved August 16, 2019.
- U.S.News & World Report (2019). "Best Global Universities in Asia - US News Education". U.S. News & World Report LP. Retrieved July 20, 2019.
- "THE World University Rankings". Times Higher Education. 2020. Retrieved October 19, 2019.
- "QS World University Rankings". QS Quacquarelli Symonds Limited. 2020. Retrieved August 16, 2019.
- U.S.News & World Report (2019). "Best Global Universities - US News". U.S. News & World Report LP. Retrieved July 20, 2019.
- "Academic Ranking of World Universities". Institute of Higher Education, Shanghai Jiao Tong University. 2019. Retrieved August 16, 2019.
- Kyungpook National University(in English)