Kyungpook National University
|Motto||진리, 긍지, 봉사
"Truth, Pride, Service"
|Established||1946 (founded 1907)|
|President||18th President Kim Sang-Dong|
Full-time1,880 includong foreignfaculty of 80 in 2015
Part-time 1,660 (2010)
|Students||38,616 (as of Oct, 2015)|
|Location||Daegu, South Korea|
Urban Main campus complex at Sangyeok-dong,Buk-gu,Medical college & General hospital at Dongin, Dental Campus at Samduk and Sangju Campus
|Kyungpook National University|
|Revised Romanization||Gyeongbuk Daehakgyo|
Kyungpook National University (경북대학교, abbreviated as KNU or Kyungdae, 경대) is a national university representing Daegu Metropolitan City and Gyeongbuk Province in South Korea . It is located in the Daegu Metropolitan City, which is the capital city of the Gyeongbuk Province, South Korea. (Kyungpook in the university's name represents an old romanization of the province's name, now most commonly spelled Gyeongbuk.)
Kyungpook National University was founded on September, 1946 by upgrading the Colleges of Education, Medicine and Agriculture in Daegu to the National College. In October, 1951, Colleges of Education, Medicine, Agriculture, Liberal Arts and Sciences, Law and Political Sciences combined into Kyungpook National University. Other departments including Engineering and Dentistry were established sequentially to create what is now known as Kyungpook National University.
- The highest value that a university must pursue as a hall of learning, meaning that it strives to seek the truth without hesitation.
- Referring to the pride of KNU’s students and faculty as demonstrated through its endless development of great talent that has contributed to the development of Korea and indeed human society. We celebrate this great pride through our university’s history, traditions and future goals.
- KNU graduates have been educated as real intellectuals, proud professionals and practice-valued servants of the people, who serve not only their own society and nation but also the global community.
- KNU is transformed through innovation, communication and its impression on the world.
- It began as a regional education hub founded with the support of residents, and quickly gained a strong reputation as the best university south of Seoul. KNU became known for producing the top Korean intellectuals of the age, representing the Republic of Korea with pride. Our goal is to reaffirm the status long held by KNU, bringing change and the spirit of innovation to the world. We will become a university that inspires people the world over with our achievements.
- We are a globally-oriented, knowledge-driven university.
- We are now a global competitor, as such, we have to foster research capabilities that can compete with global standards and cultivate talent that will lead the world. KNU will be a university that not only creates knowledge but also leads the stream of intelligence as it takes a step ahead. As a university with one of the nation’s largest campuses and operating infrastructures, we strive to impress the region, the nation and the world.
- We put investment in human resources above all else.
- One of our greatest assets is the people we educate. KNU will give first priority to concentrated investment in human resources development, producing talented individuals with the wisdom of cultural insight and scientific technology; passionate professionals who enjoy a challenge; people who will lead the world with creativity and innovation. In addition, we will create an educational and professional environment in which all people-students, professors, and staff of the university-trust and cooperate with each other.
- College of Humanities
- College of Social Sciences
- College of Natural Sciences
- College of Economics and Business Administration
- College of Engineering
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- College of Music and Visual Arts
- Teachers‘ College
- College of Veterinary Medicine
- College of Human Ecology
- College of Nursing
- College of IT Engineering
- College of Pharmacy
- Global Leaders School
- School of Public Administration
- Undeclared Major
- College of Ecology and Environmental Science
- College of Science and Engineering
- School of Health and Welfare
- The Graduate School
- Graduate School of Education
- Graduate School of Public Administration
- Graduate School of Business Administration
- Graduate School of Public Health
- Graduate School of Industry
- Graduate School of Agricultural Development
- Graduate School of International Studies
- Graduate School of Policy and Information
- Graduate School of Forensic and Investigative Science
- Graduate School of Science and Technology
- School of Dentistry
- School of Medicine
- Law School
Kyungpook National University has four campuses in the Gyeongbuk province. The main campus, which houses the major engineering and science schools is located in the heart of Daegu city in the Buk-gu area. The Kyungpook National University also has separate campuses for its teaching hospital known as the Dongin campus as well as a campus at Samduk for its dental school and hospital. In addition, Kyungpook National University also functions from its Sangju campus.
Colleges and schools
- dmax. "Kyungpook National University - main". en.knu.ac.kr. Retrieved 2016-12-19.