White in 2017
|No. 44 – Los Angeles Chargers|
|Born:||March 24, 1996|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||205 lb (93 kg)|
|NFL Draft:||2018 / Round: 4 / Pick: 119|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 3, 2019|
Kyzir White (born March 24, 1996) is an American football linebacker for the Los Angeles Chargers. He played college football as a safety for the West Virginia Mountaineers. White was drafted with the 19th pick in the fourth round of the 2018 NFL Draft by the Chargers.
High school career
Following two years at Lackawanna College, White committed to the West Virginia. In addition to West Virginia, White also received offers from Pittsburgh, Arizona State, Louisville and Illinois. In his career at West Virginia, he recorded 152 total tackles, four sacks, three interceptions, nine passes defended, and four forced fumbles.
|Kyzir White’s NFL Combine Workout|
|NFL Draft Profile: Kyzir White|
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 2 in
|31 5⁄8 in
|10 1⁄8 in
|4.69 s||1.55 s||2.67 s||4.26 s||6.96 s||35 1⁄2 in
|9 ft 5 in
|All values from NFL Combine/West Virginia’s Pro Day|
|Chargers draft Kyzir White 119th overall|
During rookie minicamp, the Los Angeles Chargers’ coaching staff announced their decision to move White to linebacker. White adjusted to the new position quickly and immediately impressed coaching staff. During training camp, he began competing to be the starting weak side linebacker against Jatavis Brown. Head coach Anthony Lynn named White the backup weakside linebacker, behind Jatavis Brown, to start the regular season. An hour before kickoff for their season-opener, it was reported that head coach Anthony Lynn has elected to instead start White, alongside Kyle Emanuel and middle linebacker Denzel Perryman.
He made his professional regular season debut and first career start in the Los Angeles Chargers’ season-opener against the Kansas City Chiefs and recorded six combined tackles in their 38–28 loss. On September 16, 2018, White recorded four solo tackles, broke up two passes, and made his first career interception during a 31–20 win at the Buffalo Bills in Week 2. He made his first career interception off a pass attempt by Bills’ rookie quarterback Josh Allen, that was originally intended for tight end Jason Croom, and returned it for a nine-yard gain in the fourth quarter. White suffered a knee injury, that required minor surgery, and was inactive for four games (Weeks 4–8). He was then placed on injured reserve on November 3, 2018.
- Henne, Ricky (April 28, 2018). "Chargers Kick off Day Three with West Virginia LB Kyzir White". Chargers.com. Archived from the original on April 28, 2018.
- "Kyzir White", PennLive.com, retrieved April 30, 2018.
- Taylor, Allen (June 17, 2015). "Kyzir White becomes highest-rated brother to commit to WVU". West Virginia Metro News. Retrieved April 10, 2018.
- "Kyzir White College Stats". College Football at Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved October 10, 2018.
- "NFL Draft Profile: Kyzir Whitewash". NFL.com. Retrieved October 29, 2018.
- "Los Angeles Chargers Select LB Kyzir White". BoltsFromTheBlue.com. April 28, 2018. Retrieved June 21, 2018.
- "Spotrac.com: Kyzir White contract". Spotrac.com. Retrieved October 29, 2018.
- Henne, Ricky (July 30, 2018). "Kyzir White Earns Highest Possible Praise from Coach Lynn". Chargers.com. Retrieved October 29, 2018.
- Anderson, Chris (May 12, 2018). "WATCH: Kyzir White Discusses NFL Position Change". 247sports.com. Retrieved October 29, 2018.
- Posey, Kyle (July 30, 2018). "Kyzir White getting first team reps at linebacker during today's practice". Retrieved October 29, 2018.
- Stanley, Matthew (September 4, 2018). "Chargers release first "unofficial" depth chart". boltsfromtheblue.com. Retrieved October 29, 2018.
- "Chargers to have three new starters on the defense". boltsfromtheblue.com. September 9, 2018. Retrieved October 29, 2018.
- "Bills lose in Allen's first start; McCoy hurt". ESPN.com. Retrieved October 10, 2018.
- "Los Angeles Chargers at Buffalo Bills - September 16th, 2018". pro-football-reference.com. Retrieved October 29, 2018.
- "Chargers' Kyzir White: Sidelined for Week 4". cbssports.com. September 28, 2018. Retrieved October 29, 2018.
- Henne, Ricky (November 3, 2018). "Chargers Place Kyzir White on IR; Sign Jeff Richards". Chargers.com.
- "Lindsay helps give Broncos' Fangio first win as coach". www.espn.com. October 6, 2019. Retrieved October 6, 2019.