|Directed by||Mika'ela Fisher|
|Produced by||Mika'Ela Fisher|
|Written by||Mika'ela Fisher|
|Music by||Sébastien Rostagno|
|Edited by||Anne Amiand|
An in-depth documentary on the architecture of bespoke tailoring. Over the course of hundreds of hours the mistress tailor filmed herself while making a three-piece suit. This film is an open window into this sartorial craft.
- Mika'ela Fisher herself: maître tailleur (Master tailor)
- Renato Bianchi of the Comédie Française himself: maître d'essayage (Fitting master)
About the film
Documenting the intimate in sartorial art:
A mistress tailor films herself in the creative production of a three-piece suit : sketch, pattern, fabric, shaping, assembly, fitting, finalization - hundreds of (wo)man-hours, a story, a film... and an allegory.
Homage as essence
Art Sartorial is maybe a forgotten or unknown term, but corresponds to the art of the Master Tailor. And this film wants to show in detail the knowledge and practice thus of the technique of this art.
A avant-garde documentary that was fallen right in the middle of the Fashion Week, while the press attaches are boosting their crazy fashion designer on social networks and while the fashion bloggers and the hippest people in the world Planet rush at the foot of the catwalk. L'architecte textile a perfect counterpoint, the precise work of a watchmaker in the space of the textile architect, who with his skillful hands structures and builds the garment that will sublimate the body by drawing clean lines, and, for the beauty of the gesture, sneak by the tip of the needle the pleats flying away at the slightest movement ...
The original idea was to realize a school film for fashion students  so that traditional couture survives and we do not forget the technique of sartorial art, which is disappearing. The first provisional version of the film is 10 hours long. Finally, a 100-minute cinema film has been created to give "non-professionals" the opportunity to experience this exclusive and increasingly rare profession. The film has a very avant-garde structure because of the type of camera work, the sound design and the editing of the film, so the film genre is difficult to reclassify. A mix of documentary, experimental film, feature film, cultural film and educational film.
A longer version of at least six hours is currently in post-production, which will be presented in museums and galleries in 2020.
Psychology of the film
" The struggle itself to the heights is enough to fill the heart of a man. One must imagine Sisyphus happy ".
" At the far end of this sustained effort measured by space without sky and depthless time, the goal is reached ". (The Myth of Sisyphus, Albert Camus, Gallimard, 1942)
Following the premiere in France at Paris Fashion Week , L'architecte textile celebrates the German premiere during Berlin Fashion Week 19 January 2018 at Kino Babylon. On 17 February 2018 the film was screened at the Berlinale international film festival. The premiere in United States has been the 30 Avril 2018 at the prestigious Newport Beach Film Festival. On July 13, the film was presented in Warsaw at On Art Film Festival 2018 and won the On Art Award. L'architecte textile will be part of the XIIth Florence Biennale 2019..
- Official Selection Newport Beach Film Festival 2018 
- Official Selection On Art Film Festival 2018 (Poland)  
- Sonoma International Film Festival 2019 
- Florence Biennale 2019
|2018||On Art Film Festival||First place (long - independent)||Mika'ela Fisher||Won|
- Source : Allociné
- CNC visa d'exploitation
- L'architecte textile Fashion Week
- L'architecte textile Program Training École nationale supérieure des arts décoratifs
- Films français sorti en 2017 Syndicat Français de la critique de ciema
- L'architecte textile Fashion Week
- L'architecte textile Deutschland Premiere Kino Babylon
- L'architecte textile Berlinale Event
- L'architecte textile Official Selection Newport Beach Film Festival Frenchculture
- L'architecte textile Florence Biennale
- L'architecte textile Fashion Week Famous Rallye
- L'architecte textile Fashion Week Paris Famous Rallye
- Interview Mika'Ela Fisher L'architecte textile Rundschau-Verlag
- Interview Mika'Ela Fisher L'architecte textile Damen-Rundschau
- Official SelectionNewport Beach Film Festival
- Official Selection Art-Architecture-DesignNewport Beach Film Festival
- Official SelectionNewport Beach Film Festival Art Architecture Design
- Newport Beach Film Festival Variety (magazine)
- On Art Film Festival Poland
- On Art Film Festival Award
- Sonoma International Film Festival Official Selection