This biography of a living person relies too much on references to primary sources. (October 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|European Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion|
9 February 2010 – 1 November 2014
|President||José Manuel Barroso|
|Preceded by||Vladimír Špidla (Employment,|
Social Affairs and Equal
|Succeeded by||Marianne Thyssen (Employment, Social Affairs, Skills and Labour Mobility)|
|Born||3 June 1966|
|Political party||Socialist Party|
|Alma mater||Corvinus University|
George Washington University
University of Manchester
László Andor (born 3 June 1966 in Zalaegerszeg) is a Hungarian economist. From 2010-2014 he was Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion in the Barroso II administration of the European Commission. From 2005-2010 he was a Member of the Board of Directors of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), representing the Czech Republic, Croatia, Hungary and Slovakia.
He studied Economics at the Corvinus University of Budapest (then called the Karl Marx University), and later became Associate Professor of Economic Policy at the same institution. He also studied at the George Washington University in Washington, D.C. and in 1993 earned a master's degree in Development Economics at the University of Manchester. Since 1993, he has been editor of a progressive (leftist) Hungarian quarterly social science journal, Eszmélet (Consciousness). Since 2003, he has been a Member of the Board of the Economic Section of the Hungarian Socialist Party.
He was once appointed Acting Commissioner for Consumer Protection in Neven Mimica's stead, from 19 April 2014 – 25 May 2014 while he was on electoral campaign leave for the 2014 elections to the European Parliament. He ultimately decided to not take up his seat.
- "The members of the Barroso Commission (2010–2014)". European Commission. 29 March 2010. Retrieved 19 April 2010.
- "Personal profile - László Andor - European Commission". ec.europa.eu.
- http://www.neurope.eu/articles/98482.php Archived 8 July 2010 at the Wayback Machine
- "Six commissioners head for EU election campaign trail".
- "CURRICULUM VITAE - László Andor - European Commission" (PDF).
- "Andor László önéletrajza" (PDF).
- Laszlo Andor Official Media Gallery
- European Commission – Biographies of Commissioner-designates, Laszlo Andor
- EUobserver interview of 7 December 2009: Everyone says I am an unusual choice
| Hungarian European Commissioner
as European Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities
| European Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion
as European Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs, Skills and Labour Mobility