|Date of birth||1 September 1984|
|Place of birth||Makó, Hungary|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Waasland-Beveren (on loan from Genk)|
|2009–2010||→ KRC Genk (loan)||16||(0)|
|2016–||→ Waasland-Beveren (loan)||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16 August 2015.
László Köteles (Hungarian pronunciation: [ˈlaːsloː ˈkøtɛlɛʃ]; born 1 September 1984) is a Hungarian goalkeeper. He currently plays for Waasland-Beveren on loan from Genk where he has been first choice goalkeeper since December 2010.
In August 2009 Lázsló Köteles joined the Belgian KRC Genk on a one-year loan with an option to make the move permanent. The club has already had two other Hungarian players (Dániel Tőzsér and Balázs Tóth).
It was uncertain if KRC Genk would continue with Köteles as the Hungarian has had some flaws in a few games, but in the play-offs of the Belgian league he got back to his regular level. In a small amount of time, Köteles has gained a lot of popularity with Genk fans due to his enthusiastic style of goalkeeping and the interaction with the fans, making them think of the legendary and unmatched popular goalkeeper István Brockhauser (also Hungarian) when the latter was first goalkeeper at KRC Genk, back in the nineties.
On 23 August 2011 Köteles played an important role in qualifying for the group stages of the UEFA Champions League 2011–12 season. Genk beat Maccabi Haifa 4-1 on penalties. Köteles saved the penalties of Vladimir Dvalishvili and Eyal Golasa.
On 1 November 2011 Köteles saved the penalty shot by David Luiz and contributed to the second point gained in the UEFA Champions League 2011–12 season for Genk against Chelsea F.C.. The final result was 1-1.
- Profile on dvtk-eu (Hungarian)
- Profile on mlsz.hu (Hungarian)
- Profile on hlsz.hu (Hungarian)
- Profile on footballdatabase.eu
- Profile on national-football-teams.com
- Profile on soccerway.com
- Köteles László stats on BOON (Hungarian)
- Stats from Hungarian Championship at Futball-Adattár
- Stats from Serbia at Srbijafudbal (Serbian)
- "KÖTELES LÁSZLÓ (magyar) részletes adatlapja". Hivatasos Labdarugok Szervezete. Retrieved 2010-01-20.
- "Genk end goalkeeper search with Köteles". UEFA. 22 August 2009.
- "Köteles shines as Genk defeat Haifa on penalties". UEFA. 23 August 2011.
- "Genk and Valencia draw a blank". UEFA. 13 September 2011.
- "Point against Valencia pleases Genk's Buffel". UEFA. 13 September 2011.
- "Keeper Köteles enjoys Genk's 'miracle' draw". UEFA. 2 November 2011.
- "Genk fight back to hold Chelsea". UEFA. 1 November 2011.
- "Hungary vs Greece". Sky Sports. 24 May 2008. Retrieved 20 October 2016.