|Directed by||Jean-Claude Lauzon|
|Produced by||Aimée Danis
|Written by||Jean-Claude Lauzon|
Léolo is a 1992 film by Quebecois director Jean-Claude Lauzon. The film was selected as the Canadian entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 65th Academy Awards, but was not accepted as a nominee.
The film tells the story of Léo Lauzon (Maxime Collin), a young boy living in a Montreal tenement with his dysfunctional family. He uses his active fantasy life and the book L'avalée des avalés by Québécois novelist Réjean Ducharme to escape the reality of his life. After deciding that his mother (Ginette Reno) was impregnated not by his father, but by an Italian tomato, he rechristens himself Léolo Lozone, and begins to have sexual fantasies about his neighbour Bianca (Giuditta del Vecchio).
It was Lauzon's final film; he died in a plane crash in 1997 while working on his next project.
- Gilbert Sicotte - Narrator (voice)
- Maxime Collin - Leolo
- Ginette Reno - Mother
- Julien Guiomar - Grandfather
- Pierre Bourgault - Word Tamer
- Giuditta Del Vecchio - Bianca
- Andrée Lachapelle - Psychiatrist
- Denys Arcand - Director
- Germain Houde - Teacher
- Yves Montmarquette - Fernand
- Lorne Brass - Fernand's Enemy
- Roland Blouin - Father
- Geneviève Samson - Rita
- Marie-Hélène Montpetit - Nanette
- Francis St-Onge - Leolo, age 6
- List of submissions to the 65th Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Canadian submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- Margaret Herrick Library, Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
- "Foreign Oscar entries submitted". Variety. Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- "Festival de Cannes: Léolo". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 2009-08-15.
- "All-Time 100 Movies". Time. 2005-02-12. Retrieved 2010-05-07.
- "Top 10 Canadian Films of All Time," The Canadian Encyclopedia, 2012, URL accessed 2 May 2015.
|This article related to a Canadian film of the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 1990s comedy-drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|