Língua do Pê
|Linpinguapa dopo Pêpê|
|Spoken in||Brazil, Portugal|
|See also: Language games|
There are at least three different "dialects," or variations, of Língua do Pê.
"Double talk" dialect
This "dialect" of Língua do Pê is just like the Jeringonza and the Idioma F language games in Spanish. It works by repeating the rime of each syllable, beginning it with p (pê in Portuguese). Examples:
- você → vo-po-cê-pê
- gato → ga-pa-to-po
- menino → me-pe-ni-pi-no-po
This "dialect" is like the one described above, except that some vowels are changed. When an open syllable (one that ends in a vowel) has [o] or [e] as its vowel, it is changed to [ɔ] and [ɛ], respectively.
- [vɔˈpɔsɛˈpɛ korˈportouˈpou ɔˈpɔ seuˈpeu kaˈpabɛˈpɛlɔˈpɔ]
- Você cortou o seu cabelo? (Did you cut your hair?)
Please note that the syllables beginning with p are stressed, not the original syllables.
This "dialect" is more like Kongarian (a language game spoken with Hungarian) than the other "dialects" of Língua do Pê. To speak it, the syllable pê is inserted before every syllable. This is the variant most used in Brazilian Portuguese, while the others are more common in European Portuguese.
- pêLem pêBra pêCo pêMo pêE pêRa pêLe pêGal?
- Lembra como era legal? (Do you remember how cool it was?)
In the Netherlands, the most common version is to instert the syllable "ep" before every sonant.
- De boer woont op het platteland. (The farmer lives in the countryside.)
- Depe bepoer wepoont epop hepet plepattepelepand.
- "A Língua do Pê." Online: <http://jangadabrasil.com.br/dezembro/ca41200b.htm> October 1, 2005.
- "Introdução à Criptologia." Online: <http://www.numaboa.com.br/criptologia/intro.php> October 1, 2005.
- "Sum: Pig Latins." Online: <http://linguistlist.org/issues/8/8-1079.html> October 1, 2005.
|This game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|