Lúcia Maria Brandão Freitas Lobato (born 7 November 1965) is an East Timorese politician, currently serving as Minister of Justice. She is a member of the National Parliament, representing the Social Democratic Party.
She was elected to the Constituent Assembly (which was subsequently transformed into the National Parliament upon independence in 2002) in the August 2001 parliamentary election, taking her seat on September 15, 2001.
In the June 2007 parliamentary election, Lobato was re-elected to Parliament as the third name on the joint candidate list of the PSD and the Timorese Social Democratic Association (ASDT). In the government of Prime Minister Xanana Gusmão, sworn in on August 8, 2007, she was appointed Minister of Justice.
- National Parliament page on Lobato (Portuguese).
- "Xanana Gusmão tomou posse em Timor-Leste", LUSA (rtp.pt), August 8, 2007 (in Portuguese).
- "Timorese prepare to elect new president", Australian Associated Press (The Sydney Morning Herald), 10 March 2007.
- Results of 2007 presidential election, East Timor Election Commission website.
- "National Provisional Results from the 30 June 2007 Parliamentary Elections"[permanent dead link], Comissão Nacional de Eleições Timor-Leste, July 9, 2007.
|This article about an East Timorese politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|