|Students||7,749 (WS 2012/13)|
The Leuphana University of Lüneburg is a public university located in Lüneburg, Lower Saxony, Germany. The University of Lüneburg was founded in 1946 as a college of education (Pädagogische Hochschule). Leuphana established a unique university model within the German academic landscape that has previously received several awards. The university is designated as a 'foundation under public law'.
The Leuphana College concentrates its bachelor degree studies into eight departments and two teacher training courses. In 2008 a graduate college was opened that integrates master degree and doctorate programmes. In addition there is a pan-departmental research centre and a professional school for advanced study courses like business cooperation.
It was founded in May 1946 as one of eight pädagogische Hochschule in Lower Saxony, and was renamed in May 1989 from Pädagogische Hochschule Lower Saxony, Abteilung Lüneburg to Lüneburg University.
Notable staff & alumni
- Daniel Libeskind, visiting professor
- Richard David Precht, visiting professor
- Britt Reinecke, television talk show host
- Tine Wittler, writer, TV presenter and actress
- Leuphana Universität Lüneburg
- AStA der Universität Lüneburg
- Kunstraum of Leuphana University Lüneburg
- Lehrstuhl für Gründungsmanagement (gmlg)