He wrote choral works, songs, chamber music, oratorios, cantatas, masses, as well as works for orchestra and for the organ, totalling several hundred works. He was choir director of Gyór Cathedral and also held the position of professor at the Theological College and the State Conservatory. As a violinist, he was one of the early members of The New Hungarian Quartet.
Works, editions and recordings
- Missa barbara
- László Halmos sbmp.com (English)
- László Halmos hitvallas.hu (Hungarian)
- László Halmos, Santa Barbara Music Publishing, Inc., retrieved 4 November 2016
- Ezra Pound (2015), Michael T. Davis, Cameron McWhirter, eds., Ezra Pound and 'Globe' Magazine: The Complete Correspondence, Bloomsbury Publishing, pp. 209–10, ISBN 1472589610
- Zoltán Székely, Liszt Academy, retrieved 4 November 2016