L'Homme et L'Environnement
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (November 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
L'Homme et L'Environnement (English: Man and the Environment) is a small non-governmental organization based in Antananarivo, Madagascar, with the mission of developing economically and ecologically sustainable management of the natural resources in parts of Madagascar.
The organization works in five different areas outside of Antananarivo, with a common focus being ecotourism, medicinal plants, and experimental agriculture as alternatives to environmental degradation for local communities. One of the main areas it serves is the Vohimana Reserve, adjacent to Andasibe-Mantadia National Park.
Man and the Environment accepts foreign volunteers and researchers on long-term and short-term assignments, for a charge. Some facility in French is preferable but not required.
- Official English-language website for Man and the Environment
- Official French-language website for L'Homme et L'Environnement
- Organization reporting on Man and the Environment's work
- Conference report abstract on Man and the Environment's work
- Short conference description of Man and the Environment's work