The L-Mount Alliance is an alliance between Leica Camera AG, Panasonic and Sigma, launched on 25 September 2018, whereby Panasonic and Sigma will make use of the L-Mount standard initially developed by Leica and will offer cameras and lenses utilising this lens mount with improved firmware and full compatibility among these Alliance products.
On the same day, Panasonic announced its S1R and S1 full-frame L-mount cameras, and Sigma announced a full-frame L-mount camera using the company's unique Foveon sensor technology. Panasonic's cameras will launch with three new lenses, and Sigma will initially release the same L-mount variants of existing lenses as they are producing for the Sony E-mount.
Six cameras and 39 native lenses have been announced for the L-Mount by 2020.
- Bracaglia, Dan (25 September 2018). "Leica, Panasonic and Sigma will work together, announce L-mount alliance". DPReview. Retrieved 25 September 2018.
- Etchells, Dave (2 October 2018). "Sigma interview at Photokina 2018: CEO Kazuto Yamaki gives us a peek inside the L-mount alliance". Imaging Resource. Retrieved 7 October 2018.
- Goldstein, Mark. "Panasonic S1R and Panasonic S1 35mm Full-frame Mirrorless Cameras". Photography Blog. Retrieved 25 September 2018.
- Butler, Richard. "Sigma to take Foveon full frame and adopt L mount". DPReview. Retrieved 26 September 2018.
- Goldstein, Mark. "Sigma to Develop L-Mount Camera with Foveon Sensor, Release Canon EF to L-mount Adapter". Photography Blog. Retrieved 26 September 2018.
- on YouTube
|This camera-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|