L.A. Tool & Die
|L.A. Tool & Die|
Promotional theatrical poster
|Directed by||Tim Kincaid (as Joe Gage)|
|Produced by||Sam Gage|
|Written by||Tim Kincaid (as Joe Gage)|
Paul Barresi (as Paul Baressi)
|Music by||Al Steinman|
|Edited by||D.J. Davis|
L.A. Tool & Die is a 1979 American pornographic film directed by Tim Kincaid, better known as Joe Gage. It is the concluding film in what has come to be known as Gage's "Working Man Trilogy", the first two being 1976's Kansas City Trucking Co. and 1978's El Paso Wrecking Corp.. It stars Richard Locke and features Will Seagers and Paul Barresi in a heterosexual scene with Becky Savage. Michael Kearns, who has appeared in mainstream films and television series such as The Waltons, has a cameo role in an orgy scene; a rare instance of a "legitimate" actor performing explicit sex acts in a hardcore pornographic film.
John Burger, the author of One-Handed Histories: The Eroto-Politics of Gay Male Video Pornography, describes the film as "the story of an unrequited love, in which Richard Locke follows the man of his dreams across the country. They eventually live happily ever after." Burger adds that this film came at the very end of the pre-AIDS filmmaking, when "all levels of erotic experience were faithfully documented by the porn industry... men could be whores, men could be monogamous or men could cruise the spectrum in between."
- "Buy L. A. Tool & Die on DVD". tlavideo.com. Retrieved 23 July 2012.
- Burger 1995, p. 24.
- "L.A. Tool & Die at CD Universe". CD Universe. Retrieved 23 July 2012.
- "Buy The Joe Gage Classic Collection on DVD". tlavideo.com. Retrieved 23 July 2012.
- Burger, John R. (1995). One-Handed Histories: The Eroto-Politics of Gay Male Video Pornography. Haworth Press. ISBN 1-56024-860-2.
- Kearns, Michael (1980). "The Gage Boys are Rolling Again with L. A. Tool & Die". Drum (34): 20–22.
- McCourt, James (2003). Queer Street: The Rise and Fall of an American Culture, 1947-1985. W. W. Norton & Company. ISBN 0-393-05051-3.
- Ramone, Mike; Connelly, Tim; Stokes, Peter; Anderson, Acme (2006). The AVN Guide to the 500 Greatest Adult Films of All Time. Thunder's Mouth Press. ISBN 1-56025-719-9.