The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Iain Evans, Global ChairmanStuart Jackson, Global Managing Partner
|Products||Management consulting services, including strategy, private equity, mergers & acquisitions, life sciences, and retail|
Number of employees
|1,200 employees worldwide|
L.E.K. Consulting is a management consulting firm. Headquartered in London and Boston, MA (for its US counterpart), L.E.K. was founded in 1983 by three individual partners from Bain & Company: James Lawrence, Iain Evans, and Richard Koch. The company's primary service lines consist of corporate strategy, mergers and acquisitions, and operations. It employs a generalist model across all major industries, including a large presence in defense, aviation, life sciences, healthcare, energy, entertainment, transport, retail, consumer products and financial services. The company also has a large private equity practice.
It employs over 1,200 individuals across 19 offices worldwide, and in 2017, was ranked as the most desirable management consulting employer for MBA students, as well as the 2nd most desirable employer overall for MBA students.
In 2012, the company was also ranked as amongst the Top 25 of the world's most challenging companies to interview for.
In 1983, three partners from Bain & Company - James Lawrence, Iain Evans and Richard Koch - founded L.E.K. Consulting in London. Some of L.E.K.'s major project milestones have included strategic and commercial advice for the U.K. government on the privatization of passenger train operating companies in the mid-1990s, assisting the launch of one of the world's first pure direct Internet banks in 1996, being the sole strategic adviser on the world's largest airline merger in 2007 and the transformation of a mid-tier global pharmaceutical company into an industry leader in 2009. In 2008, L.E.K. became the first global major management consulting firm to hold 'carbon neutral' status.
L.E.K. Consulting has a six month office SWAP program, in which an employee can switch places with a peer in an overseas office for a six month period.
Awards and recognition
L.E.K. Consulting has won a number of awards within the management consulting industry. They were named 'Strategic Consultants of the Year' at the 2015 Health Investor Awards, following on from awards in 2013, 2012 and 2011. In 2007, L.E.K Consulting won a "Queen's Award for Enterprise" in the category of International Trade. In 2016 L.E.K. was recognized in the 2016 Excellence in Social & Community Investment Awards. In 2006, L.E.K. was named Due Diligence Adviser of the Year by Acquisitions Monthly and Specialist Adviser of the Year by Acquisition Finance. L.E.K. Consulting was ranked #11 in Consulting Magazine's 2016 Best Firms to Work for list, placing #4 in the compensation and benefits category.
Notable former employees
- Damon Buffini - Managing Partner, Permira
- Richard Fuller - Member of Parliament for Bedford
- Boris Johnson - journalist, Foreign Secretary and former Mayor of London
- Richard Koch - author and entrepreneur
- Kevin A. Mayer - Executive Vice President, The Walt Disney Company
- Christian Purslow - co-founder of MidOcean Partners and managing director of Liverpool Football Club
- "Who is L.E.K. Consulting?". www.lek.com.
- "L.E.K. Consulting-Company Profile-Vault.com".
- "Consulting Services and Industries - L.E.K. Consulting". www.lek.com.
- "High profile Due Diligence deals win L.E.K. Private Equity award". theConsultant.eu.
- "Global Offices - L.E.K. Consulting". www.lek.com.
- "The Best (And Worst) Companies For MBAs". 27 September 2017.
- "25 toughest companies for job interviewees".
- "Environmental Responsibility - L.E.K. Consulting". www.lek.com.
- "International Opportunities - L.E.K. Consulting". www.lek.com.
- "Press & Events - L.E.K. Consulting". www.lek.com.
- [dead link]
- "The 2016 Excellence in Social & Community Investment Awards". Consultingmag.com.
- "Consulting Magazine - September 2016". Consultingmag-digital.com. 2016-09-07. Retrieved 2018-07-20.