L. V. Prasad Eye Institute
|L V Prasad Eye Institute|
|Location||L V Prasad Marg, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|Lists||Hospitals in India|
The L V Prasad Eye Institute (LVPEI) was established in 1987 at Hyderabad by Gullapalli Nageswara Rao as a not-for-profit, non-government eye care institution. The mission of LVPEI is to provide "equitable and efficient eye care to all sections of society." The institute was founded by Dr. Gullapalli Nageswara Rao.
L.V. Prasad, the veteran indian film maker donated the sum of Rs. 10 million and 5 acres of land in Banjara Hills towards the establishment of the eye institute. Recognizing this donation the eye institute founder Gullapalli Nageswara Rao named the institute L.V. Prasad Eye Institute.
Active areas of operation
LVPEI has served nearly 23.8 million people, with over 50% of them entirely free of cost, irrespective of the complexity of care needed.
Rehabilitation and Sight Enhancement Services
This is an integral part of LVPEI. Technological and biological help is made available to those who need it. Indeed, LVPEI is the lone center anywhere, where clinical help and rehabilitation.
These vision rehabilitation Centers have collaborative links with international organizations such as the International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness and Lighthouse International.
- Main center in Banjara Hills, named after Kallam Anji Reddy the founder of Dr.Reddy Labs.
- 3 teritiary centers in Visakhapatnam, Bhubaneswar and Vijayawada.
- 18 secondary centers
- 176 primary care centers
The secondary and primary care centers provide medical facilities to the remotest rural areas of the country.
- Khan, Arshia (30 December 2011). "Dr Gullapalli N Rao: Unwinding the reserved and rigorous". ModernMedicare.co.in. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
- ABN Telugu (2017-10-30), Gullapalli Nageswara Rao About Sr NTR And LV Prasad Eye Institute | Open Heart With RK | ABN, retrieved 2018-01-11
- "About L V Prasad Eye Institute - LV Prasad Eye Institute". L V Prasad Eye Institute. Retrieved 2018-01-11.
- "Research on gene therapy by Prasad Eye". 1 June 2012.
- "Rehabilitating the blind". The Hindu Businessline. 2 January 2012. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
- "India might have the maximum number of problems but it also has the maximum number of solutions". Southasia.oneworld.net. 23 January 2012. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
- "RIEB of LV Prasad Eye Institute gets award from International Federation of Eye Banks". saffron.pharmabiz.com. Retrieved 28 January 2012.