|Founder||Scott Galloway, Founder and Chairman|
New York City,
|Maureen Mullen, CSO and Co-Founder|
Kenneth Allard, CEO
Number of employees
|150 (New York City and London) (2017)|
L2 Inc is a subscription research and business intelligence firm that benchmarks the digital competence of consumer brands. The company evaluates more than 2,200 brands annually, analyzing their website, e-commerce, digital marketing, social media, and mobile executions, and then ranks within each industry. The research L2 publishes is aimed at CMOs and senior-level digital marketing leaders to provide marketing strategy guidance.
In 2010 the company rebranded as L2, and it has since expanded its research reach to cover Auto, Activewear, Beauty, Consumer Electronics, Consumer Packaged Goods, Fashion, Financial Services, Food & Drink, Hotels, Luxury, Retail and Watches & Jewelry across all access levels.
Products and Membership
L2’s chief products are their Digital IQ Index benchmarks, of which they publish 25+ per year, along with in-depth, trend-specific reports. The benchmarks analyze, index, and rank the digital competence of brands within their specific industries
The company has a membership-based business model wherein only active members can access the reports.
- "About L2".
- Reynolds, Molly (21 August 2017). "The Innovative Digital Strategy Behind Successful Brick and Mortar Stores". Inc.com. Retrieved 23 August 2017.
- Elder, Liz (Aug 22, 2017). "Financial advisers that invest in technology need to accomplish these two things". MarketWatch. Retrieved 23 August 2017.
- Fickenscher, Lisa (8 January 2016). "Gilt sells for $250M after once carrying a $1B valuation". New York Post. Retrieved 23 August 2017.
- Rogers, Bruce. "Professor Turned Entrepreneur Founds L2 To Benchmark Companies' Digital IQ". Forbes, 2016.
- "Gartner Buys BI and Benchmarking Firm L2". Daily Research News Online, 2017.
- "Digital IQ".
- Johnson, Lauren. "64 Marketers Have Snapchat Account, According to New Report". AdWeek, 2017.
- Kokalitcheva, Kia (12 March 2014). "L2 rakes in $16.5M to run market research companies out of business". VentureBeat. Retrieved 23 August 2017.
- Brooke, Eliza. "What the Most Digitally Savvy Luxury Brands Do Better Than the Rest". Fashionista, 2015.