Los Angeles Pride
|Los Angeles Pride|
|Venue||West Hollywood Park|
|Location(s)||West Hollywood, California|
|Organised by||Christopher Street West Association|
Los Angeles Pride is an LGBT pride event held in West Hollywood, California. The event is organized by the Christopher Street West Association, an LGBT non-profit human rights organization within the Greater Los Angeles area.
The festival was founded in 1970, and is held at West Hollywood Park on San Vicente Boulevard. Since its inception, it has been rebranded as LA! Pride: The TLGB Celebration.
Los Angeles Pride is one of a growing number of Pride events that stresses public awareness of gay people and their contributions to society. Because it is located in the predominantly LGBT+ neighborhood of West Hollywood, LA Pride emphasizes connecting the LGBT community with the larger community. It also aims to support broader community groups connecting with the LGBT community. The festival features works by LGBT+ artists as well as representation of companies who support the larger Gay Rights cause. Many of the performers seen at the three-day festival are openly gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, or supporters of the LGBT movement.
LA! Pride 2015
The 2015 Pride Festival in Los Angeles took place from June 12 to June 14, 2015, and was presented by the Christopher Street West Association, an organization "committed to the goals of human rights, education, outreach and better understanding within our community, as well as the heterosexual community." Headliners for the festival included Wilson Phillips, Tinashe, Kesha, Tamar Braxton, Ty Herndon, Eden xo, and Fifth Harmony.
LA! Pride 2017
- Branson-Potts, Hailey (2017-06-06). "Major road closures announced for L.A. Pride and Resist March". Los Angeles Times. ISSN 0458-3035. Retrieved 2017-06-06.
- "CHRISTOPHER STREET WEST ANNOUNCES 2017 LA PRIDE GRAND MARSHAL, ALEXEI ROMANOFF - LA Pride Parade & Festival in West Hollywood CA June 2017". www.lapride.org. Retrieved 2017-06-06.
- Martha Groves (9 October 2011). "Marine recruiters reach out at gay pride event in Pasadena" (News article). Los Angeles Times. Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 19 May 2012.
- "Props to California's LA/Valley Pride: Welcome, Marines!". Operation Yellow Elephant. Operation Yellow Elephant. 10 October 2011. Retrieved 19 May 2012.
- Raymond Rector. "Organization Profile". Volunteer Match. Retrieved 13 June 2015.
- George Vernon. "Kesha among headliners at this weekend's 45th anniversary LA Pride celebration". San Diego Gay & Lesbian News. Retrieved 13 June 2015.
- Silva, Christinna (12 June 2017). "LGBT Trump Supporters Dismayed Over Pride Marches Becoming 'Resist' Event". NPR. Retrieved 15 June 2017.
- Branson-Potts, Hailey (11 June 2016). "L.A. Pride parade morphs into #ResistMarch, as tens of thousands hit the streets". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 15 June 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Los Angeles Pride.|
- Official website
- LA Valley Pride
- HONOR PAC Fundraiser Draws Political Candidates, article highlighting LAVP's support for HONOR PAC (LGBT Latina/o political action committee)
|This festival-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|