||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2009)|
|Industry||Enterprise management software|
|Headquarters||South Jordan, Utah, United States|
|Steve Daly CEO, Steve Morton CMO, Tom Davis CTO|
LANDESK Software provides systems management, security management, service management, asset management, and process management solutions to organizations. It is one of the oldest companies providing this type of product.
LANDESK introduced the desktop management category in 1993. That same year, IDC named LANDESK the category leader. In addition, LANDESK introduced virtual IT technology in 1999, changing large-packet distribution with LANDESK Targeted Multicast technology.
In 2006, Avocent purchased the company for $416 million. Also in 2006, LANDESK added process management technologies to its product line and extended into the consolidated service desk market with LANDESK Service Desk.
In August 2008 Avocent acquired Touchpaper, an ITSM vendor to merge within LANDESK division. In December 2009 Emerson Electric acquired Avocent to merge within its Network Power division. LANDESK split from Avocent to become an independent business unit. In February 2010 Emerson stated its intention to sell LANDESK during first half of 2010.
Emerson announced in the first quarter 2010 report, that the LANDESK business unit of Avocent was not a strategic fit for Emerson and expected it to be sold within six months. Consequently, the results of LANDESK were being reported as discontinued operations.
On June 20, 2012, LANDESK announced its purchase of wireless technology company Wavelink.
On May 20, 2014 LANDESK acquired LetMobile, a Tel Aviv based company which developed a secure mobile e-gateway; following the acquisition the company established an R&D innovation center in Israel.
Industry awards include:
- Clear Choice Test, Network World, 2008.
- Global Product Excellence - Asset Management Solution, Info Security Products Guide, 2009.
- 2009 Product of the Year Winners, Earth Web.
The company's products have asset inventory/discovery, security vulnerability detection and remediation, software distribution, IT compliance reporting, patch management, software license management, security policy enforcement, and endpoint device power consumption management.
LANDESK software is used to manage over 250 million desktops, servers and mobile devices. Its software is used to manage devices running Windows, Macintosh and Linux operating systems.
LANDESK sells directly and through partners worldwide and has regional offices and development centers in Brazil, China, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, and Britain. The division has employees in 18 countries.
Systems Lifecycle Management
- LANDESK Management Suite
- LANDESK Inventory Manager
- LANDESK Application Virtualization (Portable application creator)
Endpoint Security Management
- LANDESK Security Suite
- LANDESK Antivirus
- LANDESK Patch Manager
IT Process Automation
- LANDESK Process Manager
IT Service Management
- LANDESK Service Desk
- Password Central (Avatier's Password Station)
- LANDESK Asset Lifecycle Manager
LANDESK has worked with technology vendors and industry standards bodies to develop emerging and open standards across the systems and security management landscape, including the DMI and CIM initiatives as well as enabling technologies such as Wake on LAN and Alert on LAN.
- Systems management
- Security management
- Process management
- Service desk
- Change management
- Configuration management
- List of systems management systems
- Software distribution
- Power management
- Mitchell, Dave (July 11, 2003), LANDesk Management Suite 7 review: The latest update to a fully-fledged network management package, Networking reviews, Techworld.
- Doyle, TC (September 1, 2003), From Intel To Independence — How Joe Wang is transforming LANDESK, VARbusiness, p. 114.
- LANDesk profile, Vendors, IT Management.
- Hamblen, Matt (May 12, 2003), LANDESK eases hardware upgrade pains, Computerworld, p. 6.
- In Brief: Avocent to buy LANDesk for US$416M, Infoworld, April 27, 2006.
- First quarter 2010 results reported, Emerson, 2010.
- Wavelink purchase
- Shavlik purchase
- LANDESK Acquires Israeli LetMobile For $20 Million,