|Industry||IT Security and Systems Management Software|
|Headquarters||South Jordan, Utah, United States|
|Steve Daly CEO, Scott Sorensen COO, Steve Morton CMO, Tom Davis CTO|
Ivanti /ee-von-tee/ is an IT software company headquartered in South Jordan, Utah. It produces software for IT Security, IT Service Management, IT Asset Management, Unified Endpoint Management, Identity Management and Supply Chain Management. It was formed in January 2017 with the merger of LANDESK and HEAT Software.
LAN Systems was founded in 1985 and its software products acquired by Intel in 1991 to form its LANDESK division. LANDESK introduced the desktop management category in 1993. In 2002 LANDESK Software became a standalone company with headquarters near Salt Lake City, Utah. In 2006, Avocent purchased the company for $416 million. Also in 2006, LANDESK added process management technologies to its product line and extended into the consolidated service desk market with LANDESK Service Desk. In 2010 LANDESK was acquired by private equity firm Thoma Bravo.
LANDESK expanded its product line with a series of acquisitions of software companies. It bought supply chain software company Wavelink in 2012, network vulnerability assessment and patch management company Shavlik in 2013, application software company Naurtech Corporation in 2014, data visualisation company Xtraction Solutions in 2015. and AppSense, a provider of secure user environment management solutions, in 2016.
HEAT software was a producer of software for IT Service Management and Endpoint Management formed in 2015 by the merger of FrontRange Solutions and Lumension Security.
In January 2017 Clearlake Capital Group, owner of HEAT Software, purchased LANDESK from Thoma Bravo. On January 23, 2017, LANDESK and HEAT Software merged to form Ivanti. The combined company has 1800 employees in 23 countries and markets some products with references to their original names such as Wavelink supply chain software and Ivanti patch product ‘powered by Shavlik’.
On April 12, 2017, Ivanti acquired Concorde Solutions, a UK based Software Asset Management company. In July 2017, Ivanti acquired RES Software, a US and Netherlands based company producing automation and identity management software.
- Ivanti patch management and security management applications for SCCM, third party applications, OS and servers
- Ivanti Service Manager is an ITSM and Enterprise Service Management solution based on HEAT's products
- IT Asset Management
- Supply Chain management – based on Wavelink's products.
- Endpoint Manager - based on LANDESK LDMS
- "LANDESK acquires Xtraction Solutions to bring business intelligence to IT". siliconslopes.com. Retrieved 29 January 2018.
- "Clearlake Capital to Acquire LANDESK and Combine with Portfolio Company HEAT Software". www.ivanti.com. Retrieved 2018-01-02.
- "Introducing Ivanti, LANDESK's new name for all of its products (including AppSense)". BrianMadden.com. Retrieved 2018-01-02.
- "LANDESK and HEAT Software Merge to Form Ivanti". www.ivanti.com. Retrieved 2018-01-02.
- "New Ivanti brand for LANDESK-HEAT union to focus on unified secure workplace message - ChannelBuzz.ca". ChannelBuzz.ca. 2017-01-23. Retrieved 2018-01-02.
- "LANDesk and Heat Software Merge into Ivanti". redmondmag.com. Retrieved 29 January 2018.
- "Wavelink comes under Ivanti name after merger – DC Velocity". www.dcvelocity.com. Retrieved 2018-01-02.
- "Ivanti, formerly Landesk and Heat Software, buys software asset management vendor Concorde Solutions". crn.com.au. CRN. Retrieved 29 January 2018.
- "Ivanti scoops up RES Software: Here's our full analysis". BrianMadden.com. Retrieved 2018-01-02.
- "Ivanti Patch: Patch Management Overview and Analysis". esecurityplanet.com. Retrieved 29 January 2018.
- "Wavelink comes under Ivanti name after merger". dcvelocity.com. Retrieved 29 January 2018.