|Hubs||Mariscal Sucre International Airport
Jose Joaquin de Olmedo International Airport
|Focus cities||Mariscal Lamar International Airport|
|Frequent-flyer program||LATAM Pass|
|Parent company||LATAM Airlines Group|
|Key people||Xavier Rivera (Chairman)
Jorge Dahik (CEO)
LATAM Ecuador, formerly LAN Ecuador (Aerolane Líneas Aéreas Nacionales del Ecuador S.A.), is a subsidiary of LATAM Airlines, based in Guayaquil, Ecuador. Operates scheduled passenger services using leased LAN aircraft.
LATAM Ecuador was established in July 2002 as LAN Ecuador and started operations on 28 April 2003. It is owned by Translloyd (55%) and LAN Airlines (45%).
LATAM Airlines announced that the purchase of 26 Boeing 787's would be distributed between LATAM Chile, LATAM Perú, LATAM Argentina, and LATAM Ecuador. The amount to enter the LAN Ecuador fleet is unknown at this time, but it is likely the Boeing 787's will replace the ageing Boeing 767-300's.
As of August 2016, the LAN Ecuador fleet consists of the following aircraft:
- "Directory:World airlines." Flight International. 23–29 March 2004. 97.
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-04-03. p. 104.
- LAN Ecuador Approved To Begin Domestic Flights http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/4259540/
- LAN to buy 26x Boeing 787's for LAN Group
- "LAN Ecuador Fleet". ch-aviation.ch. Retrieved 2014-01-04.
Media related to LAN Ecuador at Wikimedia Commons