LAX (TV series)
|Created by||Nick Thiel|
|Opening theme||"Mr. Blue Sky" by Electric Light Orchestra|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13 (list of episodes)|
|Production company(s)||NBC Universal Television Studio
The Mark Gordon Company
Nick Thiel Productions
|Original release||September 13, 2004– April 16, 2005|
On May 17, 2004 NBC announced that they had picked up the pilot to series. This show was not renewed for season two.
LAX is a drama focusing on the day-to-day operations of the airport, with its runway manager, Harley Random (Heather Locklear), and its terminal manager, Roger de Souza (Blair Underwood). In the final episode, Harley leaves her job at the LAX after she is told by Roger that he wants stability back in his life and no longer wants to be romantically involved with her.
LAX premiered on NBC on September 13, 2004. Ten episodes aired before NBC announced in November 2004 that no further episodes would be produced. The show was moved to Saturdays at 8pm ET and the final episode aired on April 16, 2005. Thirteen episodes total were aired.
The show's pilot episode was originally called HUB and was filmed at the Ft. Worth, TX airport.
On February 22, 2014, it is announced this show reruns on Ion Television coming that Fall.
- Heather Locklear as Harley Random
- Blair Underwood as Roger De Souza
- Paul Leyden as Tony Magulia
- Frank John Hughes as Henry Engels
- Tony Hawk as himself
- Sasha Barrese as Caitlin Mansfield
- Daniel Morton as a Serbian co-pilot
- Sam Doumit as Rachel, Senator's daughter
- Charisma Carpenter as Julie, Harley's sister
The show was frequently the butt of comedic jokes due to its poor ratings, including Jay Leno, who remarked the show was "so bad that the actual Los Angeles Airport is thinking of changing its name to avoid being associated with the show." The 13 episodes of the program averaged 6.52 million viewers.
There are no plans to release LAX on DVD, as of 2009.
- "2004 Broadcast Upfront Presentations: NBC, Part 1". The Futon Critic. Retrieved May 25, 2012.
- "NBC Grounds LAX, Plots Scrubs Move". The Futon Critic. Retrieved May 25, 2012.
- "Development Update: December 19". The Futon Critic. Retrieved May 25, 2012.
- "Development Update: January 14". The Futon Critic. Retrieved May 25, 2012.
- "Development Update: February 6". The Futon Critic. Retrieved May 25, 2012.
- ""LAX" (2004) - Filming locations". Retrieved May 25, 2012.
- "Viewers Say 'C.S.I.: New York,' 'Joey' Most Anticipated". The Futon Critic. Retrieved May 25, 2012.
- "2004-05 Final audience and ratings figures". Hollywood Reporter. May 27, 2005.[dead link]
- "Report: The New Season Thus Far". The Futon Critic. Retrieved May 25, 2012.
- LAX at TVShowsOnDVD