Beghtol & friend, 2009. Photo: Holly McDade.
|Occupation(s)||Composer/producer, art director/graphic designer, writer|
In 2012 Beghtol formed LD&CO, with Scott Sosebee (Little Red Rocket) and others to record and play live; their debut single “Morgantown” was mixed by Kramer, but remains unreleased. The band’s experimental 5-songs-in-5 minutes EP, The Just-World Phenomenon was released by Silber in 2015. A full-length album, Mental Health Styling is scheduled for a fall 2016 release, again in collaboration with Kramer. Additionally, he has partnered with Mark Bishop’s San Francisco-based atmospheric synth project Bronze Eye for a series of audio miniatures entitled Adventures in Love & Culture—the first of which was released in May 2016 on Silber.
Beghtol has served as designer/art director for The Village Voice, Travel Holiday, Outdoor Life and other publications; since 2010 he has worked in pharmaceutical advertising for industry leaders CDM and Area 23.
- Beghtol wrote 69 love songs: a field guide, listed as part of the 33⅓ series, Continuum, 2006, ISBN 978-0-8264-1925-5
- Moyer, Matthew (24 September 2009), "Music Reviews: Flare Acoustic Arts League", Ink19, retrieved 2016-04-28
- "Music / News: Kings Of The Boudoir", Fader, 12 April 2005, retrieved 2016-04-28
- Beghtol, LD (8 January 2008), "Resident Alien Klaus Nomi is Back From Outer Space—25 Years After His Death—With a Wondrous New Disc", The Village Voice, retrieved 2016-04-28
- Beghtol, LD (2003), "Freak-cabaret trio the Tiger Lillies return with a fresh bouquet of psycho ballads and fetid ditties", tigerlillies.com, retrieved 2016-04-28
- "Articles by LD Beghtol", Oxford American, archived from the original on 10 November 2012, retrieved 2016-04-28