Let's Fish! Hooked On
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Let's Fish! Hooked On|
|Developer(s)||SIMS Co., Ltd.|
Kadokawa Games (JP)|
Wired Productions Ltd (NA/EU)
Let’s Fish! Hooked On, known in Japan as Let’s Try Bass Fishing FISH ON NEXT, is a sports fishing video game developed for the PlayStation Vita. Created by Sims Co., Ltd and published by Wired Productions with character designs by Poyoyon Rock. The game is an arcade fishing game with a story mode spread across four characters, with numerous tournaments.
The game’s plot occurs in the World Tour mode, where the player invited to play as four different characters each with their own story line, unique skills and abilities. The game’s plots differ depending on which character is chosen.
- Ryuji (Akita) (originally アキタ リュウジ and 19 years old, voiced by Kentaro Ito) has joined the World Tour to follow in the footsteps of his father, a world-famous fishing champion.
- Jamie (originally ジェイミー and 17 years old, voiced by Ai Shimizu) followed her childhood Ryuji to the tournament and decided to join herself after being goaded by Kano.
- Kano (Makise) (originally マキセカノ and 19 years old, voiced by Shizuka Ito) loves fishing and wants to be a champion and at the same time make friends.
- Ai (Shimizu) (originally シミズアイ and 17 years old, voiced by Ai Shimizu) is a magical girl (Mahou Shoujo) who wants to bring world peace through the medium of fishing.
Let’s Fish! Hooked On is a fishing game with four main games modes:
- World Tour acts as the game's story mode. Players can develop their character skills and technique in a series of progressively more difficult tournaments. Players can choose between four anime-style characters, which each come with their own comprehensive and individual story. To achieve World Champion status, players must battle through 35 Amateur, Professional and Master Class tournaments. Using the PS Vita’s unique touch screen and rear pad, players can catch to 9 different classes of fish in 11 themed outdoor stages.
- Challenge mode contains short fishing-based challenges, as well as online ranking.
- Training allows players to practice fishing in any season, time and stage.
- Underwater players can view the fish they caught and observe their behaviors.
- Wrek, John (2013-01-21). "Let's Fish! Hooked On Coming Next Week - Let's Fish! Hooked - PlayStation Vita". www.GameInformer.com. Retrieved 2013-01-29.
- "Rods at the ready – Let's Fish! Hooked On release date confirmed – PlayStation.Blog.Europe". Blog.eu.playstation.com. 2013-01-21. Retrieved 2013-01-29.
- "Let's Fish! Hooked On Aims To Reel In Vita Gamers – PlayStation.Blog.Europe". Blog.eu.playstation.com. 2012-09-11. Retrieved 2013-01-29.
- Ishaan. "PlayStation Vita Reels In A Moe Fishing Game". SiliconEra. Retrieved 2016-09-18.
- "'Let's Fish! Hooked On' (PSV) - Screens & Trailer". Worthplaying. 2012-12-04. Retrieved 2013-01-29.
- Baltimore, Crystal. "Let's Fish! Hooked On Official Site | oprainfall". Operationrainfall.com. Retrieved 2013-01-29.