From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|"Gay? There's nothing queer about it"||This slogan is used in the first-ever TV-commercial about homosexuality in the world of football in name of the Royal Dutch Football Association (KNVB). It is a translation of the original Dutch pay-off "Homo? Boeit geen flikker" by Delight Agency, a creative and strategic agency from Amsterdam which specializes in communication for a better world.|
|"Gay Is Good"||Coined by early gay activist Frank Kameny, modeled on the African American slogan "Black is beautiful".|
|"Gays Bash Back"||This slogan is often used by more militant gay people and implies self-defense against gay bashers.|
|"Majority doesn't exist"||This slogan was popularized by MAKEOUT in Belarus during the 2016 opening of the "meta- queer festival".|
|"We're here. We're queer. Get used to it"||This slogan was popularized by Queer Nation.|
|"Hey, hey! Ho, ho! Homophobia's got to go!"||Used by National Organization for Women (NOW).|
|"We're here, we're queer and we'd like to say hello!"||A variation of the above used by Queer Nation during the 1992 opening of the "Queer Shopping Network".|
|"Silence=Death"||Designed by six people, including Avram Finkelstein, this slogan was used by ACT UP to draw attention to the AIDS crisis in America. It was often used in conjunction with a right-side up pink triangle.|
|"Two, Four, Six, Eight! How Do You Know Your Kids Are Straight?"||This slogan against heterosexism was also used by Queer Nation. Another variation is "One, Two, Three, Four! Open up the closet door! Five, Six, Seven, Eight! Don't assume your kids are straight!"|
|"Out of the Closets and into the Streets"||This slogan was also used by Queer Nation.|
|"Rainbows Reign"||Used most notably on banners of the Pink Pistols organization.|
|"Gay by birth, fabulous by choice"||Made popular by Birmingham City University LGBT Society|
|"Let's get one thing straight, I'm not"||Made popular by Rob, Bureau of matters concerning discrimination of The Hague area and mid-Holland, The Netherlands|
|"Why be afraid to be enGayged"||Brooks foundation|
|"Sorry girls, I suck dick"||Used on shirts by the Swedish magazine and Internet-community. "Sorry boys, I lick pussy" is another version coined by Gale Payne in 2011. QX.|
|"Armed gays don't get bashed"||The slogan for the Pink Pistols organization.|
|"My life, my rules"||Slogan used by the Mayor of Berlin, Klaus Wowereit|
- Kameny, collected in Blasius and Phelan, p. 374
- "We're here, we're queer, I'm sick of it" - Salon
- "Militants Back 'Queer,' Shoving 'Gay' the Way of 'Negro'" - New York Times
- NOW website, Equal Marriage Rights Chants Archived 2010-05-05 at the Wayback Machine.
- Green, Jesse (December 2003). "When Political Are Mattered". New York Times. Retrieved 2007-07-08.
- "Aids—20 Years And Counting - Panel Discussion". Interview in Arts. July 2001. Archived from the original on 2007-11-16. Retrieved 2007-07-08.
- "ILGO Fights Hate's Snarl" - Newsday
- Reichert, Tom; Lambiase, Jacqueline (2003). Sex in Advertising: Perspectives on the Erotic Appeal. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates. p. 232. ISBN 978-0-8058-4118-3.
- "San Francisco's recent election offers a tale of two pinks" - National Review