LGV Interconnexion Est
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|LGV Interconnexion Est|
The LGV Interconnexion Est is a short French high-speed rail line that connects the LGV Nord and LGV Sud-Est through suburbs of Paris. Opened in 1994, it consists of three branches, which begin at Coubert:
- west branch: towards Paris and western France, terminating at Valenton
- north branch: towards northern France, London and Brussels, joining the LGV Nord at Vémars
- south branch: towards southeastern France, joining the LGV Sud-Est at Moisenay
The south and west branches are now shared with the LGV Sud-Est line.
Starting from the south (LGV Sud-Est or LGV Atlantique), the line begins at Coubert junction and heads northeast. Near Tournan, there is a link to the Paris-Coulommiers line. Further north, Marne-la-Vallée – Chessy station (transfer to the RER A) serves the new town of Marne-la-Vallée and Disneyland Paris theme parks. Near Claye-Souilly, two links under construction will join the line to the LGV Est. The route next serves Aéroport Charles de Gaulle 2 TGV station (transfer to the RER B and air transport). Shortly thereafter, the line joins the LGV Nord at Vémars junction.
- Lille-Roissy CDG 0:50
- Lille-Lyon 2:50
- Lille-Nantes 3:50
- Lille-Grenoble 4:25
- Lille-Marseille 4:30
- Lille-Bordeaux 5:00
- Brussels-Lyon 3:40
- Brussels-Marseilles 5:25
- Brussels-Valence 4:30
- Brussels-Rennes 4:50
- Brussels-Montpellier 5:40
- The construction of a suburban line along the LGV between Villeparisis and Vémars is under consideration. This project could have two possible purposes: to serve Roissy airport from Paris (as an alternative to the CDG Express); or to be the beginning of a western line linking Creil to Meaux, Marne-la-Vallée and Melun.
- It has also been proposed to complement the Interconnexion Est with an LGV Interconnexion Sud or LGV Interconnexion Ouest.
- In November 2010, RFF began formal studies of a link from the Interconnexion Est to the Paris - Creil - Amiens line.
- High-speed rail lines site (French)
- "Railway Gazette: RFF plans Roissy – Picardie link". Retrieved 2010-12-01.