|Compatible networks||GPRS/EDGE Tri-Band (900/1800/1900)|
|Memory||microSD Internal Memory Slot, behind the battery.|
|Display||256K colour TFT touchscreen, 240 × 400 px|
|Rear camera||2 megapixel, video CIF (30 frame/s), flash|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth 2.0, USB 2.0|
The LG KE850, also known as the LG Prada, is a touchscreen mobile phone made by LG Electronics. It was first announced on 12 December 2006 and is a fashionable device created in collaboration with Italian luxury designer Prada. It was made official in a press release on 18 January 2007. Sales started in May 2007, retailing for about $777 (600 euros).
It is the first mobile phone with a capacitive touchscreen. The KE850 sold 1 million units in the first 18 months. The LG Prada was announced shortly before the iPhone, with much speculation that the latter's design "copied" that of the Prada.
A second version of the phone, the LG Prada II (KF900) was announced 13 October 2008. It was released December 2008.
- Capacitive touch screen
- Music player (MP3, AAC, AAC+, WMA, RA)
- Music multitasking (Messaging)
- Video player (MPEG4, H.263, H.264)
- Adobe Flash UI
- Document viewer (ppt, doc, xls, pdf, txt )
- Form factor: Touchscreen
- Dimensions: 98.8 × 54 × 12 mm
- Weight: 85 g
- Main screen type: Capacitive TFT touchscreen, 256K colors
- Main screen size/resolution: 240 × 400 pixels, 3 inches
- Messaging: SMS, EMS, MMS, Email
- Operating system: Flash UI
- Built-in handsfree: Yes
- Voice-dial/memo: Yes
- Vibration: Yes
- Organiser: Yes
- Office document viewer: .ppt, .doc, .xls, .pdf, .txt
- Battery stand-by: Up to 300 h
- Battery talk time: Up to 3 h
- 2G network: GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900 (tri-band)
- Bluetooth: v2.0 with A2DP
- USB: v2.0
- 2MP camera: 2 MP, 1600×1200 pixels, video (CIF 30 frame/s), flash
- Internal memory: 8 MB shared memory
- Memory slot: microSD (TransFlash), up to 2 GB
- Games: Halloween Fever, Photo Puzzle, Virus, Pipe
- Music: MP3 player
- Radio: Yes
- Ringtones: Polyphonic (40 channels), MP3
- Speakers: Built-in handsfree
- International Forum Design—Product Design Award for 2007
- Red dot design award—LG Prada Wins "Best of the Best" red dot Design Award, 2007
- Fashion phone of the year—Mobile Choice (2007)
- Best fashion phone—What Mobile Awards (2007)
- Gold for best looking phone—CNET Asia Readers' Choice Award (2007/08)
LG Electronics has stated the iPhone's design and concept was copied from the first LG Prada, the KE850. Woo-Young Kwak, head of LG Mobile Handset R&D Center, said at a press conference, "We consider that Apple copied the Prada phone after the design was unveiled when it was presented in the iF Design Award and won the prize in September 2006. We take that to mean Apple stole our idea." The KE850 received a 2007 iF product design award, where entries had to be shipped by September 2006.
- LG Prada II (KF900), the second LG Prada phone
- LG Prada 3.0 (P940), the third LG Prada phone
- LG Viewty
- LG Chocolate
- iPhone (1st generation)
- Samsung P520 Giorgio Armani
- Motorola Razr2
- "Mobile Innovation Meets Avant-Garde Design" (Press release). 24 October 2007.
- "LG, Prada to Start Selling Mobile Phone at Start of Next Year" (Press release). 11 December 2006. Archived from the original on 8 January 2007.
- "The LG KE850: touchable chocolate".
- "LG unveils iPhone-like Prada mobile phone". MacDailyNews. 19 January 2007.
- zekrahminator (19 January 2007). "LG and Prada show off iPhone look-alike". TechPowerUp.
- Temple, Stephen. "Vintage Mobiles: LG Prada – First mobile with a capacitive touchscreen (May 2007)". History of GMS: Birth of the mobile revolution.
- Christian Zibreg (23 February 2009). "Second-gen LG Prada, not the iPhone, rules the fashion cellphone market". TG Daily.
- RobK (20 November 2008). "LGPradaWatch: Naming of the phone, sales and miscellaneous musings". Mobile Industry Review.
- Telecoms Korea article from 2008/09/24
- Elena Balan (28 May 2007). "Who Copied Who? LG Prada vs. iPhone". Softpedia.
- Timothy B. Lee (23 February 2012). "If Android is a "stolen product," then so was the iPhone". Ars Technica.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 24 July 2008.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "iF product design award 2007 - 01. Consumer Electronics/Telecommunications". Archived from the original on 14 January 2012.
- Iohana Georgescu (19 March 2007). "LG Prada Wins 'Best of the Best' Award". Softpedia.
- "LG's Prada wins prestigious European design award". Mobile Tech News. 19 March 2007.
- "Best phones of 2007 unveiled at Mobile Choice Awards". 5 October 2007. Archived from the original on 6 December 2008.
- "What Mobile Awards 2007 - 2006 Winners". Archived from the original on 11 May 2008.
- "Best-Looking Phone - Mobile Devices - CNET Asia Readers' Choice Awards 2007/08". Archived from the original on 15 September 2008.
- Wright, Aaron (20 February 2007). "The iPhone Lawsuits". Apple Matters. Retrieved 25 June 2007.