LG Prada 3.0
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
LG Prada 3.0 publicity image
|Series||Prada Phone By LG|
|Compatible networks||2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
3G: 900/1900/2100 MHz (international LG-P940)
CDMA 800 Mhz (global/CDMA)
Korean PCS CDMA 1.8 Ghz (LG U+)
|Predecessor||LG Prada II|
|Dimensions||127.5 x 69 x 8.5 mm|
|Operating system||Android 2.3|
|CPU||1 GHz dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 SoC CPU; TI OMAP4430|
|Memory||1 GB RAM|
|Storage||8 GB (Global)
16 GB (South Korea)
4 GB (Japan/NTT DoCoMo)
|Removable storage||MicroSD up to 32 GB|
|Data inputs||Multi-touch touch screen, accelerometer, proximity, compass, aGPS and a stereo FM radio|
|Display||IPS nova 480 x 800 pixels, 4.3", 800 nits|
|Rear camera||8 megapixels with LED flash |
|Front camera||1.3 megapixels|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot; DLNA; Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP & EDR; NFC; microUSB v2.0; MHL (optional)|
Mobile terrestrial TV (market-specific):
• South Korea: DMB
• Japan: Oneseg
The device was marketed as a premium high-spec limited-production luxury phone on the weight of its Prada branding. LG and Prada featured a number of celebrities in their marketing campaign for the phone.
Launch and availability
At its UK launch near 27 January 2012, the phone's no-contract retail price was approximately £430. Shortly before late May 2012, it was £400; after May 31, the price was reduced to £239.99; and in September 2012, the price was further reduced to £149.
In India, the initial price was ₹110,000 (US$1,700).
|Korea||28 December 2011|
|Japan||NTT DoCoMo L-02D|
Model numbers LG-KU5400, LG-LU540, LG-SU540, LG-P940, LG-P940h
This phone has a RAM capacity of 1 GB and 6.2 GB of ROM.
The device has an 8-megapixel primary camera with LED flash, and support for 1080p video recording. The phone also carries a 1.3-megapixel front camera for video calls.
Prada 3.0 comes with Android 2.3 pre-installed. In 2012, LG scheduled a release of Android ICS to several of its smartphone models, including Prada 3.0.
In early July 2012, LG rolled out Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 to unlocked P940 models in Germany and Italy. To perform the upgrade, LG's Windows-only support tool and drivers are required to be installed. At the same time, LG also released the upgrade in the UK.
- "LG Prada 3.0 - Full Phone Specifications". gsmarena.com. Retrieved 11 February 2012.
- Smith, Mat (13 February 2012). "Prada phone by LG 3.0 review". Engadget. AOL. Retrieved 14 February 2012.
- Dobie, Alex (2012-01-26). "LG Prada 3.0 comes to Phones4U early, first stock arriving tomorrow". Android Central. Retrieved 2016-07-24.
- Zafra, Arnold (2012-05-31). "LG Prada 3.0, now yours for the taking (in the UK) for £239.99". Android Authority. Retrieved 2016-07-24.
- Belic, Dusan (2012-09-12). "UK: LG Prada 3.0 now just 149 GBP". IntoMobile. Retrieved 2016-07-24.
- "LG Prada 3.0 Makes Official Debut In Korea, Europe To Follow". TechCrunch. 28 December 2011. Retrieved 28 February 2012.
- LG Electronics (26 December 2011). "Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) OS Upgrade Schedule". Facebook. Retrieved 2016-07-24.
- Sadewo, Bams (2012-07-05). "LG Prada 3.0 gets Android 4.0.4 ICS update, in Italy and Germany at least". Android Authority. Retrieved 2016-07-24.
- Thomas, Simon (2012-07-05). "LG Prada 3.0 Gets Ice Cream Sandwich !". 3g.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-07-24.