|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Operating area||United Kingdom|
LINK is a shared interbank network of automated teller machines (ATMs) operating in the United Kingdom. The network counts 38 member institutions, of which many are various banks and building societies issuing LINK ATM cards, and the remainder are independent ATM operators who do not issue cards. The network connects over 70,000 ATMs - virtually every ATM in the United Kingdom. The number of LINK free-to-use ATMs has continued to grow and overall ATM numbers are at an all-time high.
The LINK network infrastructure is operated by VocaLink, a company formed in 2007 by the merger of LINK Interchange Network Limited and Voca Limited. The LINK ATM scheme is a separate entity which is run by the Scheme members.
In addition to providing the core ATM transaction switching and settlement service to LINK network members, VocaLink Limited provides outsourced ATM, card and mobile payment services and provides access to Post Office counters for basic banking transactions.
UK issued debit cards generally come with a LINK EMV application in addition to a point of sale EMV application that can be Visa Debit, Debit MasterCard, Maestro, Visa Electron or UnionPay applications.
- "Members". LINK. Retrieved 22 July 2013.
- "About LINK". LINK. Retrieved 22 July 2013.
- "LINK Statistics". LINK. Retrieved 22 July 2013.
- "Card issuing". VocaLink. Retrieved 17 Oct 2011.
- "Mobile phone top-up". VocaLink. Retrieved 17 Oct 2011.
- "POS acquiring". VocaLink. Retrieved 17 Oct 2011.
VocaLink has successfully enabled over 30,000 individual Post Office counters ... to introduce and support a wide range of basic banking transactions.
- "Mobile phone top-up". Retrieved 17 Oct 2011.
a quick and easy way for pay-as-you-go mobile phone users to top-up their phones from over 50,000 cash machines across the UK....The LINK mobile phone top-up service is available at cash machines displaying the top-up logo...
- APACS, Banking industry update on new Faster Payments Service, February, 2008.
- ICBC (London) plc, China UnionPay Debit Card. Retrieved 11 April 2015
|This bank, insurance, or other financial services corporation article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|