This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Co-sponsors the annual system administration conference, also known as LISA.
- Hosts several technical and professional mailing lists.
- Provides a job listing service.
- Compiles an annual salary survey of system administrators' salaries keyed to many variables.
- Publishes a series of short topics booklets in the field of system administration.
- Establishes and promotes a code of ethics for system administrators.
- Supports local user groups.
- Offers an IRC channel.
- Presents an annual award for outstanding contributions to the field of system administration.
In June 2004, SAGE was dissolved as a Special Technical Group to prepare for a spin-off from its parent organization, USENIX. On October 27, 2005, the USENIX Board, by a 4-4 vote, failed to approve a motion to progress the separation of SAGE from USENIX, declaring instead that SAGE is better as a suborganization. This contributed to the formation of LOPSA by individuals involved in the aborted spinoff.
- League of Professional System Administrators
- SAGE-AU (Australia)
- System Administrators Guild of Ireland
- Official website
- SAGE@GUUG (Germany)
- cSAGE Certification
- LOPSA - League of Professional Systems Administrators
|This organization-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|