|This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the guide to deletion.
|Stable release||4.2 / July 1, 2014|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Platform||.NET 3.5 or higher|
LLBLGen Pro is an O/R mapper and code generator for the Microsoft .NET platform, created by Solutions Design bv. Computer programmers and software architects use this software to create a data-access tier and business objects tier in C# or VB.NET for several O/R mapping frameworks, like NHibernate, Entity Framework, LINQ to SQL, and its own framework.
In 2003, the open source tool LLBLGen was succeeded by this commercial Pro version. Solutions Design bv continued to work on improvements and feature additions, like LINQ support and the ability to work both database-first and model-first.
- MS Access 2000/XP/2003/2007/2010/2013
- SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2008R2/2012/2014/Express/SQL Server CE Desktop
- Oracle 9i/10g/11g/12c
- PostgreSQL 7.4+/8.x/9.x
- Firebird 1.5.x/2.x
- IBM DB2 7.x/8.x/9.x/10.x (not on AS/400)
- MySQL 4.x,5.x (using Core Lab's/DevArt MySQL .NET provider)
- Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE)
- Sybase iAnywhere (ASA)
O/R mapper frameworks supported
LLBLGen Pro supports the following O/R mapper frameworks
- LLBLGen Pro Runtime Framework 4.2
- Entity Framework v1, v4, v5 and v6.x
- LINQ to SQL
- NHibernate 3.x (hbm.xml and FluentNHibernate)
The system is extensible so any third-party O/R mapper framework can be used in the designer, to consume the abstract entity model plus the mappings to relational model data to generate C# / VB.NET classes and mapping files in the format of the targeted O/R mapper framework.
LLBLGen Pro consists of two parts: a visual designer and the O/R mapper framework.
Key features of the visual designer:
- Visual Studio integrated designer
- Model first (entity model is leading) and database first (relational model/schema is leading) mapping / modelling
- Grouping of project elements
- Value types (Domain-driven design)
- Model views, to create visual views over (sub)graphs in the entity model
- Text-DSL based quick model editor for quickly define an entity model by typing facts
- Update/Create DDL SQL script generation
- Built-in template editor
- Read-only / Read/write entities support
- Table Valued Functions support
- Template based, task oriented code generation system
- LINQ based project search
- Map single entity model onto schemas from multiple database types (for example, Oracle and SQL Server) in a single project
- Support for multiple O/R mapper frameworks.
- Support for entity inheritance/entity splitting
- Import system to build a model quickly by importing parts from external sources.
Key features of the O/R mapper framework:
- True database independent code
- Full Async API
- Full entity type inheritance
- Custom developer code is preserved
- LINQ support
- Flexible concurrency mechanism
- Derived table support
- Table Valued Functions support
- Query result cache support
- Auditing support
- Authorization support
- Dependency injection mechanism
- Fast and compact serialization
- Optimal and fast pre-fetch paths (eager loading)
- Hierarchical in-memory projections
- Native Enum support
- Transparent Transient error recovery.
- Map Typed View on stored procedure resultset
- WCF Rich Internet application (RIA) Services support
- WCF Data Services support (OData)
- Read-only / Read-write entities support