LNM Institute of Information Technology
|Motto||Excellence our motto, Discipline our way|
|Established||2003, became Deemed University in 2006|
|Director||Prof. Rahul Banerjee|
|Undergraduates||Annual intake 570|
Rupa ki Nangal, Post-Sumel, Via-Jamdoli, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India 303012,
|Colors||Sky blue, Sunset Orange & Red|
The LNM Institute of Information Technology (LNMIIT), is a deemed university located in Jaipur, India, on an 100-acre (40 ha) campus. The institute is a public-private partnership venture between the LNM foundation and the Government of Rajasthan and operates as an autonomous non-profit organization.
The Institute began in 2003 with a branch, Communication and Computer Engineering (CCE), in a temporary campus in Jaipur. Today, the institute operates out of its campus, about 10 km from the Jaipur-Agra Highway and 20 km from the heart of Jaipur City. The institute offers the following four disciplines:
- Communication and Computer Engineering (CCE)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Computer Science Engineering (CSE)
- Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering (MME)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME): W.e.f July 2015
The Institute infrastructure includes partial on-campus housing, hostels for boys and girls, sports facilities, shopping complex, studio apartments & faculty housing, an open-air theatre, lecture halls, labs, and LAN/WiFi connectivity.
During a dinner hosted for chief minister Ashok Gehlot, steel tycoon Lakshmi Mittal discussed plans to expand his Jaipur-based Lakshmi Niwas Mittal Institute of Information Technology (LNMIIT). It is considered among the better IT-schools and engineering colleges in India. In 2015, it was ranked as the 3rd best private engineering college in the country by EDU-RAND. As a deemed university, LNMIIT was jointly set up by the state government and the Lakshmi and Usha Mittal Foundation, as an autonomous non-profit organisation. Mittal was also the part of the meeting where the delegation discussed the proposed 2012 Jaipur convention for NRIs from the state. The London chapter of the foundation has volunteered to coordinate with NRIs across Europe for the 2012 convention. 
Admission and courses
Students who appear in the Joint Entrance Examination Main conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education are eligible to apply for admission to the LNMIIT. The LNMIIT considers the JEE MAIN marks as well as the DASA mode(Foreign National/PIO/NRI) to offer admissions to the candidates.
LNMIIT offers direct admission to boys within top 10 ranks and girls within top 20 ranks in the senior secondary exam of the 12th class conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan. Only students who have studied Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English in 12th class are considered for admission through this route.
A limited number of scholarships are available, based on JEE (Advanced) All India Overall Ranks.
The institute offers the following programs:
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Master of Technology (M. Tech.)
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Applicable Mathematics
- B.Tech Honors M.Tech Dual Degree. (five-year course)
Centres for Advanced Learning
The institute has taken proper initiatives for the creation of following centres in order to get the students familiar with knowledge more up-to-date with the demands of the industry and to enhance their research prospects:
- The LNMIIT Centre for Technology-Business Incubation and Entrepreneurial Leadership (L-CTBI&EL)
- Centre for Education Technology and Teaching Learning Innovation (CET-TLI)
- LNMIIT University Computing Services Centre(LUCS-Centre)
- LNM Centre for Smart Technology (L-CST)
- The Centre for Cryptography, Cyber Security and Digital Forensics
- The Centre for Machine Learning and Big Data Analytics
- LNMIIT Centre for Robotics and Artificial Intelligence (C-RAI)
- Centre for Next-Generation Communication & Networking (C-NGCN)
- Saket Modi, Co-Founder & CEO, Lucideus (Y09)
- Pragya Bang- Author of Not-so-IIM! (Y09)
- Prateek Goel, Co-Founder & CEO, ZEROWASTE (Y05)
- Saurabh Gupta, Founder & Managing Director, Neutrino Group (Technology & Aviation) (Y04)
- Karmesh Gupta, Co-Founder & CEO, WiJungle (Y12)
- Dhiyavasu Bhaduria- Co-Founder & CEO, EventGraphia (Y13)
- Anustha Jain, Co-Founder, Olimpio
Every year, the session normally kicks off between the end of July and the first week of August. The Counseling Cell of the institute, composed of students and faculty members, organize an Orientation programme to aid the new batch in getting acquainted with the institute.
The students are the chief participants in organizing festivals and celebrations with the institute's inter-college cultural, sports and technical fest. Every major event is organized, handled and coordinated completely by students. "Plinth" is the annual techno-management-literary festival of the institute. Plinth was held for the fifth time in January 2018. Festival organized by the Science and Tech Council of the institute, focuses on spreading the technical environment across the country. The three-day festival has a plethora of events. Starting with events in the categories of Robotics, Management, Coding, Quizzing, Astronomy, and Literary. Apart from these, Plinth organized the first ever student industrial conclave of Rajasthan - Confab. Workshops, conferences by some of the most eminent speakers of the country are conducted. Startup Intern Fair and Negotio(crowdfunding) were also conducted in the 2016 edition. K.Kasturirangan, Ashwin Sanghi, Amisha Sethi, Ira Trivedi, Sam Pitroda, Aditi Oberoi, Lakshmi Rebecca, Akash Gautam, Siddharth Rajhans, Dr.Pawan Agrawal,Saket Modi etc. were some of the speakers. A Pronite marks the end of the fest with UnErase Poetry being the showstoppers in 2018. Plinth is emerging out to be one of the most sought-after technical fests of this nation and it gives away significant prizes and goodies.
"Vivacity" is the annual cultural-management fest which is held every year since 2007. The fest is organized by the Cultural Council of the institute and it attracts huge participation from students of various universities and colleges throughout the nation who showcase their talent here. After the inaugural evening celebration, the 3 to 4-day fest consists of events from categories like dance, music, dramatics, literature, and lifestyle. Major events include Razzmatazz which is a group dance competition, Vogue which is a lifestyle event and Raddrock which has grown to be a major platform for metal and rock bands in North India. All the four nights in the fest have featured performances by various notable celebrities and bands. In its previous editions, Vivacity has had performances by the likes of Javed Ali, Jal, Raeth (band), Euphoria, Nikhil D'Souza, Dr. Kumar Vishwas, Toshi Sabri, Mohit Chauhan, The Local Train (band), Harrdy Sandhu, Darshan Raval and many more. The 2015 and 2016 edition of Vivacity also featured an EDM night Sunburn. Vivacity has grown to be the biggest cultural fest of Jaipur.
The "Desportivos" is an annual national level sports-meet of LNMIIT which is held every year. Organized by the Sports Council, it attracts huge participation in sports from institutes within and outside the state. There are numerous clubs functioning in the institute, 'Quizzinga' or the LNMIIT Quiz club features among the top quizzing clubs in North India, and are the undefeated champions of Tata Crucible - The Business Quiz from Jaipur two times in a row. The clubs, depending on their domain, conduct various events throughout the year to enhance the students’ skills and promote involvement in extracurricular or academic activities.
Each year elections are held for the Students’ Gymkhana in which students contest for the post of President, Vice-President, General Secretaries, Finance Convenor and Senators. The Students’ Gymkhana is a well defined organizational framework. Its primary objective is to provide a forum to the students of the institute, to be managed by the students themselves, through which they can carry out various extracurricular activities which essentially help them in their academic pursuits.
The following committees function in the LNMIIT as on August 2010, as a part of the Students' Gymkhana:
- Committee Of Students for Hostel Affairs (COSHA)
- Cultural Council
- Science & Technology Council
- Sports Council
- Presidential Council
- Counselling Cell- Counselling and Guidance Cell
- Literary Committee- The Literary Club
- Phoenix- The Robotics Club
- The E-Cell- Entrepreneurship Cell
- Cybros- The Computer Club
- Quizzinga- The LNMIIT Quiz Club
- Rendition-The Dramatics Club
- Aaveg- The Nukkad Mandali
- Capriccio- The Music club
- Insignia- The Dance Club
- Chess Club
- Vignette- Art and Craft Club
- MUN Society
- Imagination- The Photography and Cinematography Club
- The Fundoo Club
- The Astronomy Club
- Karate Club
- Media Cell- Media and PR Society
- Eminence- The Fashion Club
- Sankalp Club- Social Service Club
- Training and Placement Cell (A group which strives to improve the institute's placements)
- Anti-ragging Committee
- Samvaad (A task force to look after the students' mental health)
- Nirog (A group to help people through their ailments)
- "Deemed University". University Grants Commission. Retrieved 10 April 2010.
- "FOUNDATION". lnmiit.ac.in. Retrieved 7 March 2015.
- PTI (22 August 2010). "LN Mittal to expand LNMIIT by Rs 35 crore". The Economic Times. Retrieved 13 February 2019.
- "Press Release" (PDF). Retrieved 14 April 2017.
- "Mittal meets CM, may invest in state". The Times of India. 10 July 2010. Retrieved 13 February 2019.
- "Welcome To LNMIIT, Jaipur". LNMIIT. Retrieved 10 July 2010.
- "WELCOME TO UG ADMISSIONS". LNMIIT. Retrieved 30 March 2011.
- "LNMIIT 2018 Admissions Begins".