List of Prokaryotic names with Standing in Nomenclature
List of Prokaryotic names with Standing in Nomenclature (LPSN) is an online database that maintains information on the naming and taxonomy of prokaryotes, following the taxonomy requirements and rulings of the International Code of Nomenclature of Bacteria. The database was curated from 1997 to June 2013 by J. P. Euzéby. From July 2013, LPSN is curated by Aidan C. Parte.
Bacterial and Archaeal taxonomy is updated through the journal International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology (IJSB/IJSEM).
The site, in addition to keeping track of current taxonomic names, has several reference resources explaining minimal standards for the description of new taxa, Latin and Greek grammar aids and lists culture collections worldwide which deal in prokaryotes culture.
- Wackett LP (5 June 2014). "Microbial strain collections and information". Microbial Biotechnology. doi:10.1111/1751-7915.12135.
- Parte AC (2013). "LPSN - list of prokaryotic names with standing in nomenclature". Nucleic Acids Research. 42. doi:10.1093/nar/gkt1111.
- Euzeby, J. P. (1997). "List of Bacterial Names with Standing in Nomenclature: a Folder Available on the Internet". International Journal of Systematic Bacteriology. 47 (2): 590–2. doi:10.1099/00207713-47-2-590. PMID 9103655.
- "Resource description". LPSN. Retrieved 21 January 2017.
- "Classification, taxonomy and systematics of prokaryotes (bacteria): Introduction". LPSN. Retrieved 21 January 2017.
- Trüper, HG (1996). "Help! Latin! How to avoid the most common mistakes while giving Latin names to newly discovered prokaryotes". Microbiologia. 12 (3): 473–5. PMID 8897428. Archived from the original on 7 October 2011.
- Euzéby, J.P. "Culture collections of prokaryotes (bacteria)". LPSN. Archived from the original on 27 January 2013. Retrieved 16 March 2011.