|Public (NASDAQ: LRAD)|
|Founded||Utah, U.S. (1980)|
|Founder||Elwood G. Norris|
|Richard S. Danforth (Chief Executive Officer)|
Dennis Klahn (Chief Financial Officer)
|Products||Long Range Acoustic Device|
LRAD Corporation is based in San Diego, California. Its Long Range Acoustic Device (LRAD) products are used for long range acoustic hailing and mass notification. The company was previously named American Technology Corporation (ATC) until 2010. The company's stock trades on the NASDAQ Capital Market with the ticker symbol "LRAD."
LRAD was founded in Utah by inventor/entrepreneur Elwood "Woody" Norris as the American Technology Corporation in 1980 (entity # 734088-0142). From 1988 to early 1992 the company was inactive. Norris recapitalized the company as a Delaware Corporation in 1992. In 1996, the company launched its first directed sound technology and began engineering sound solutions for the commercial, government, and military markets. In response to the October 2000 attack on the USS Cole, the company's engineering team developed the Long Range Acoustic Device (LRAD). With the introduction of LRAD systems in 2003, the company entered the acoustic hailing device (AHD) market, followed by the introduction of multidirectional mass notifications systems in 2012. The company acquired Genasys™, a leading software provider of advanced, location-based mass messaging solutions for emergency warning and workforce management in January 2018, Today, LRAD critical communication systems are being used around the world in diverse applications including public safety, mass notification, defense, law enforcement, homeland and border security, critical infrastructure protection, fire rescue, incident management, maritime and port security, and wildlife control and preservation.
- Long Range Acoustic Device (LRAD), which is a high-intensity directional acoustic array designed for long-range communication and mass notification.
- Stockholders Approve American Technology's Name Change to LRAD Corporation, Company press release. March 25, 2010
- Utah business entity search
- American Technology Corporation 10QSB for Year ending 6/30/1996
- "American Technology Ships $1.5 Million in LRAD Orders". FreshNews.com. Retrieved 2007-04-06.