LRP Publications produces nearly a dozen conferences and trade shows including: National Ergonomics Conference and Exposition (ErgoExpo), Human Resource Executive® Health & Benefits Leadership Conference , HR in Hospitality Conference & Expo, HR Technology® Conference & Exposition and National Workers’ Compensation and Disability Conference®. LRP Publications also publishes two magazines, Human Resource Executive® and Risk & Insurance®, as well as hundreds of newsletters, books, videos, eCourses, and case reporters in the fields of workers’ compensation and disability, human resources, education administration and law, and federal employment law. LRP Publications employs more than 400 employees in its Florida, Pennsylvania and Washington, D.C. offices. Headquartered in Palm Beach County since 1996, the company has more than $50 million in annual revenue.
LRP Publications was founded in 1977 by owner and president  Kenneth Kahn, a practicing employment law attorney,alumni of Cornell University’s ” LRP Publications (then known as Labor Relations Press) published case reporters for the legal profession in the United States.
In September 2013, Kahn was honored with the Business Development Board of Palm Beach County’s Economic Development Leadership Award for his instrumental role in launching “Behind the Gates” and for initiating a second new project while serving as the co‐chair of the Branding and Marketing Education Taskforce. Kahn is credited with creating the first ever comprehensive marketing strategy of its kind not only in Palm Beach County but in the state of Florida. With the creation of a new website and brochures, CEOs new to the area are now able to easily navigate school options for their children in elementary, middle and high schools.
Kahn has received numerous honors, including Cornell University’s Groat Alumni Award, Northern Palm Beach County Chamber of Commerce’s Community Leader of the Year Award, and the Sun Sentinel Co.’s Excalibur Award. He is civically involved on several boards including Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations and Max Planck Florida Foundation. Kahn also serves on the executive committee of the Education Commission of Palm Beach County, Kravis Center Corporate Partners, Business Development Board of Palm Beach County and Northern Palm Beach County Chamber of Commerce, and is a member of the Florida Council of 100.
Kahn was born in Sioux City, Iowa and raised in New York City. Graduating from Cornell University with his Bachelor’s degree in 1969, he obtained his law degree from Harvard Law School. Kahn has five children and currently resides in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida with his wife and two daughters.
Acquisitions and partnerships
- 1997, LRP Publications Joint Venture: Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations: for the development of  Workindex.com, an online HR research tool and index of  3000 workplace-related and human resource sites.
- 1988, LRP Publications Acquisition: CRR Publishing; publisher of special education law products and the first publisher covering bankruptcy court decisions
- 1991, LRP Publications Acquisition: Jury Verdict Research; publisher of software and call-in services based on the firm's 200,000-case database of nationwide personal injury verdicts and settlements
- 1994, LRP Publications Acquisition: Buraff Publications; publisher of international newsletters and various U.S. publications dealing with AIDS, Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, environmental labs and banking
- 1999, LRP Publications Acquisition: Dartnell Corporation; publisher of training and motivational resources for customer service, sales and management professionals
- 2004, LRP Publications Acquisition: Aspen's Education and Grant/Nonprofit publications and manuals
- 2006, LRP Publications Acquisition: Brownstone Publishers, Inc.; publisher of newsletters and loose-leaf products in the field of Education Administration
- 2006, LRP Publications Acquisition: HRO World Conferences and Expositions including  New York HR Week, LA HR Week and HRO World Europe.
- 2007, LRP Publications Partnership: Cornell Center for Hospitality Research as an informational resource for legal counsel and human resources managers.
- 2008, John Wiley & Sons (Hoboken, N.J.) Acquisition: One LRP Publications’ bi-monthly and 12 monthly newsletters. Key titles in the purchase included: "Disability Compliance for Higher Education," a monthly newsletter that carried legal updates and accommodation strategies for students and staff with disabilities. Additional titles acquired from LRP Publications by Wiley included: "Campus Legal Advisor," "Campus Security Report," "College Athletics and the Law," "Dean & Provost," "Development & Alumni Relations Report," "Enrollment Management Report," "The FERPA Bulletin for Higher Education Professionals," "HR on Campus," "Nontraditional Students Report," "Student Affairs Today," "Student Aid News" and "The Successful Registrar."
- 2013 LRP Publications acquired the acclaimed Education Library from Thompson Media Group.