LSU Tigers swimming and diving
|LSU Tigers swimming and diving|
|Head coach||Dave Geyer and Doug Shaffer|
|Location||Baton Rouge, LA|
|Home pool||LSU Natatorium|
|Colors||Purple and Gold
|Men's SEC||1 (1988)|
The LSU Tigers swimming and diving team represents Louisiana State University (LSU) in the Southeastern Conference in NCAA men's swimming and diving. The team competes at the LSU Natatorium in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Dave Geyer is the co-head coach of the men's swim team. Doug Shaffer is the co-head coach of the men's diving teams.
SEC Championships: 1988
Olympic & notable swimmers and divers
Tigers head coaches
|Dave Geyer and Doug Shaffer||2011–Present|
Swimming and Diving facilities
The LSU Natatorium is a swimming & diving facility located on the campus of Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, LA. The facility, built in 1985, serves as the home of the LSU Tigers swimming and diving team. The stadium has a seating capacity of 2,200. The Natatorium features a 50-meter pool, which can be converted into two 25-meter or 25-yard pools with the use of bulkheads and includes a championship diving well with one- and three-meter springboards and five-, seven- and 10-meter platforms.
Huey P. Long Field House
Strength and Conditioning facilities
LSU Strength and Conditioning facility
The LSU Tigers basketball strength training and conditioning facility is located in the LSU Strength and Conditioning facility. Built in 1997, it is located adjacent to Tiger Stadium. Measuring 10,000-square feet with a flat surface, it has 28 multi-purpose power stations, 36 assorted selectorized machines and 10 dumbbell stations along with a plyometric specific area, medicine balls, hurdles, plyometric boxes and assorted speed and agility equipment. It also features 2 treadmills, 4 stationary bikes, 2 elliptical cross trainers, a stepper and stepmill.
- LSU Athletics Brand Identity Guidelines for Internal, Vendor or Media Use (PDF). Retrieved August 2, 2017.
- "Swimming & Diving". www.lsusports.net. Retrieved 2012-11-21.
- "Teams-Louisiana State University". www.collegeswimming.com. Retrieved 2012-11-21.
- http://www.lsu.edu/catalogs/2011/012dsl.shtml lsusports.net. 2013. Retrieved 2013.
- http://diving.isport.com/divingpools/us/louisiana/baton-rouge/lsu-natatorium-at-louisiana-state-university-1017652 diving.isport.com. 2013. Retrieved 2013.
- "LSU Strength and Conditioning". lsusports.net. September 29, 2009. Retrieved 2013-08-28.
- "A Strength Training Legacy" (PDF). biggerfasterstronger.com. Retrieved 2016-01-26.
- "LSU Tigers' Weight Room". ESPN The Magazine. November 14, 2012. Archived from the original on October 23, 2013. Retrieved 2014-02-11.