LS Cable & System
|Founded||1962, established 2003|
|Headquarters||Anyang, South Korea|
|Ja-Yeop Koo (chairman & CEO)
Ja-Eun Koo (president & CEO)
|Products||Power cables, telecommunication cables|
|Revenue||$7,668.09 million (2011)|
|Total assets||$5,102.92 million (2011)|
|Total equity||$551.58 million (2011)|
Number of employees
LS Cable & System (Korean: LS전선, 엘에스전선) is a Korea-based industrial corporation with global operations and one of the biggest cable manufacturers worldwide. Its products comprise power and telecommunication cables and systems, as well as integrated modules and other related industrial materials. LS Cable & System furthermore provides engineering services, installation and commissioning of high voltage and extra high voltage landlines as well as turnkey submarine cabling project execution.
LS Cable & System (LS C&S) has its headquarters at the LS Tower in Anyang and nine domestic factories of which six are located in Gumi, two in Donghae and one in Anyang. Additionally LS C&S has nine other factories in China, Malaysia, Vietnam and India. Furthermore, LS C&S owns magnet wire and data cable manufacturer Superior Essex with 24 factories spread over North America, Europe and China. LS C&S sales subsidiaries and branches overseas are located in Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Europe and in the Americas. LS C&S also owns JS Cable, Gaeon Cable, Pountek, Global Cable Incorporated, Kospace and Alutek, all of them with factories in Korea.
- 1 History
- 2 Products
- 3 Branches
- 4 Subsidiaries
- 5 Trade fairs
- 6 Sponsoring activities
- 7 See also
- 8 Official home pages
- 9 References
LS Cable & System was founded as Korea Cable Industry in May 1962 and became Goldstar Cable in 1969.
It was then known as LG (LG = Lucky Goldstar) Cable until it separated from the LG Group in November 2003 to lead an independent brand power. It was established as its own cable company, LS Cable, on March 2005 as a part of the newly formed LS Group.
On June 11, 2008, LS Cable announced the purchase of Atlanta-based magnet wire and communication cable maker Superior Essex. The transaction, valued at roughly $900 million, extends LS Cable's reach into North American and European markets.
In March 2011 LS Cable was renamed and thus became LS Cable & System.
Energy cables & systems
- LV, MV, HV & EHV power transmission & distribution cables & systems
- Submarine cables, accessories, systems, engineering, installation & commissioning
- Industrial & specialty cables & systems
- Overhead power lines
- Busduct [clarification needed] & accessories
Telecommunication cables, components and solutions
- Optical fiber, optical fiber cable
- Components and apparatus
- LAN cable, radio frequency
- FTTH, system integration
Integrated modules & cables
- Industrial cable & module
- Automotive wire & solutions
- Tube components
- HV connectors
- Copper wire rod
- Aluminum materials
- Rubber flooring tile
Magnet wire & copper data cables
- Magnet wires
- Copper data cables
- India: Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai
- Indonesia: Jakarta
- Philippines: Manila
- Singapore: Singapore
- South Korea: Anyang, Busan, Daegu, Daejeon, Donghae, Gumi, Gwangju
- Russia: Moscow
- Australia: Sydney
- China: LSHQ [clarification needed] (ownership: 75.1%) in Yichang, LSIC [clarification needed] (100%) in Peking, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Xi'an, LSCT [clarification needed] (87.5%) in Tianjin, LSCW (100%) in Wuxi
- India: LSCD [clarification needed] in New Delhi, LSCI [clarification needed] (100%) in Haryana
- Japan: LSCJ [clarification needed] (100%) in Tokyo
- Malaysia: LSCM [clarification needed] (100%) in Penang
- South Korea: JS Cable Co. [clarification needed] (69.9%), Global Cable Incorporated Co. (98.2%), Alutek Co. (100%), Pountek Co. (100%), Kospace Co. (99.2%)
- Vietnam: LS-VINA Cable & System (84.8%) in Haiphong, LSCV [clarification needed] (100%) in Ho Chi Minh City
- United Kingdom: LSCNSU (100%) in London
- United States: LS Cable America, Inc. (100%) in Fort Lee, NJ, and Superior Essex (81%) in Atlanta, GA
In 2012 LS Cable & System participated for the first time in the company's history in the InnoTrans, a trade fair with focus on the rail transport industry, by exhibiting its railway related products.
LS Cable & System is sponsoring Seoul's 700 Yachting Club Racing Team. Thanks to the sponsoring the Yachting Club was able to upgrade one of its Yamaha 31 Festa yachts to enable it to participate in International Class and Offshore Racing Class (ORC) races. The LS C&S boat came third in the Korea Cup 2012 in the category "Leg 1" and ranked third in the BMW Cup as well.
Also, the Yachting Club participated in various additional races with the LS C&S yacht, such as the Yellow Sea International Yacht Race, the Han River International Yacht Race 2012 and the Subaru Za Cup Tokyo Bay Open 2012.
Official home pages
- LS Cable & System home page
- Superior Essex home page
- LS-VINA Cable & System home page
- LS Mtron home page
- JS Cable home page
- Pountek home page
- Alutek home page
- LS Cable & System home page (korean)
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-09-05. Retrieved 2012-10-11.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-04-15. Retrieved 2012-08-23.