|No. 68 New England Patriots|
|Date of birth:||July 21, 1991|
|Place of birth:||College Station, Texas|
|Height:||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Weight:||315 lb (143 kg)|
|High school:||Columbus (TX)|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 1, 2016|
High school career
A native of Columbus, Texas, Waddle attended Columbus High School where he was coached by Brent Mascheck. The Columbus Cardinals finished 5–4 in Waddle's senior year and did not make the UIL playoffs. Behind Waddle pulling and clearing the way for the running back, the Cardinals averaged 281.0 rushing yards per game with 26 rushing touchdowns on the season.
Regarded as a three-star recruit by Rivals.com, Waddle was ranked as the No. 74 offensive guard prospect nationally in a class that also included Jonotthan Harrison, Corey Linsley, and Chance Warmack. Waddle was not heavily recruited, receiving offers from Tulane, Rice, Houston, and SMU. He planned on going to near-by Houston until Texas Tech recruited him.
Playing from 2009–12 for Texas Tech, Waddle earned several honors. During his sophomore year, Waddle received All-Big 12 Conference honorable mention honors as well as an Academic All-Big 12 2nd Team selection. In the following year in 2011, Waddle was named an All-Big 12 Conference 2nd Team selection before being bumped to a 1st Team selection following the 2012 season.
On April 27, 2013, he signed with the Detroit Lions as an undrafted free agent. Despite being undrafted, Waddle unseated Jason Fox and Corey Hilliard as the Detroit Lions starting right tackle by week eight of his rookie season. He had taken over the job after Hilliard was injured in a week 7 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals.
Waddle was injured in the 2014 season and went through off-season knee surgery. He was cut by the Lions on December 15, 2015.
New England Patriots
Waddle was re-signed to a two-year deal on March 9, 2016.
- "Offensive guards 2009". Rivals.com.
- "Waddle goes from unknown to NFL starter". ESPN. November 27, 2013.
- "Detroit Lions sign 11 undrafted free agents". nfl.com. Retrieved May 3, 2013.
- "Lions sign 11 undrafted rookie free agents". detroitlions.com. Retrieved May 3, 2013.
- Katzenstein, Josh (December 15, 2015). "Lions waive RT LaAdrian Waddle". Detroit News. Retrieved December 15, 2015.
- "Pats claim WR Leonard Hankerson, OL LaAdrian Waddle". NFL.com. Retrieved 2015-12-17.