|Past members||Phillip LaRue
LaRue was an American Christian music band formed by siblings Phillip and Natalie LaRue. The singer-songwriter duo originated in Nashville, Tennessee in 2000. Phillip was 17 and Natalie 15 when they came out with their first album LaRue.
The band worked together for a period of nearly three years before they broke off. According to Natalie LaRue, this was because of family reasons. A few years after they called off, both pursued musical career as solo artists.
After first entering their teenage years, the siblings were home-schooled. They weren't admittedly much close in the beginning, they say, but as they grew up, things changed. Philip's passion for playing the guitar and Natalie's for singing bonded them closer. They began writing and composing songs together. They performed in local groups and churches and were encouraged to pursue a musical career. Motivated by this, the due recorded a demo CD with the help of a local producer.It was then sent to some Christian music executives, which was accepted. The family then moved to Nashville, where the duo worked together on their first album. On February 8, 2000, their debut album LaRue was released, which marked the forming of the duo into LaRue.
The duo returned on January 24, 2001, with their album Transparent. The songs gave the Christian-alternative vibe, the most influential ones being Jaded and Theory of Flight. The band began leaning towards alternative rock as their third and final album Reaching came out. Released October 8, 2002, it depicted the harmony in the band's voice and was critically acclaimed.
After the release of the third album, however, both the siblings got married and decided it was best to focus on family life. The band called off, yet after a short break of parental life, they pursued solo musical careers.
|1999||Waiting Room (Maxisingle)|
From Phillip LaRue
|2009||Let The Road Pave Itself [BEC]|
|2009||6 Strings And 88 Keys [BEC]|
From Natalie LaRue
|2012||Even Now EP|
1. Always Be 2. As She Cries 3. Brianna’s Song 4. Everything 5. Fallen For You 6. Fallen King 7. Fly 8. I Can’t Sing 9. Jaded 10. Katie 11. Lift Up 12. Like Clay 13. Near To Me 14. No Goodbyes 15. Okay To Cry 16. One Day Of The Week 17. One White Tulip 18. Peace To Shine 19. Picture Frame 20. Reaching 21. Reason 22. Run To You (The Piano Song) 23. Seem To Be 24. Someday 25. Stars 26. Summertime 27. Theory Of Flight 28. Tonight 29. Trinity 30. Unite 31. Waiting Room 32. Wake Up 33. Without You
- Left Behind: The Movie Soundtrack (2000) - "Fly" (from Transparent)
- Soul Lift (Flicker, 2001) - "He Is Lord", "King Of My Life" (Natalie with T-Bone)
- The Message: Psalms (eb+flo, 2005) - "How Faithful You Are (Psalm 89)" by Phillip LaRue; "Who Can Compare With God (Psalm 113)" by Natalie LaRue
- LaRue - ChristianMusic.com
- Rebecca St. James: Information and Much More from Answers.com