LaSalle Investment Management
Number of employees
|Parent||Jones Lang LaSalle|
LaSalle Investment Management ("LaSalle") is a leading real estate investment management firm. It is an independent subsidiary of Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), a real estate financial and professional services company.
LaSalle manages capital for institutions and private investors all over the world, investing in private and public real estate equity and debt through a range of investment vehicles. LaSalle products include separate accounts, open and closed end funds, public securities, and entity level investments. LaSalle’s client base includes public and private pension funds, insurance companies, governments, endowments and private individuals from across the globe.
As of Q4 2015, LaSalle manages $59.0 billion of private and public property equity investments, and has nearly 700 employees in 17 countries worldwide. It was ranked the 5th largest private equity real estate firm globally in PEI's 2013 PERE ranking.
Jones Lang LaSalle was formed by the merger of Jones Lang Wootton, a British firm with origins dating back to 1783, and LaSalle Partners, an American company formed from a predecessor launched in 1968, in 1999. The respective fund management divisions merged to form LaSalle Investment Management. LaSalle is headquartered in the Nuveen Building in Chicago, Illinois, where Jones Lang LaSalle also serves as building manager. Co-headquarters operate in London (covering Europe and the Middle East) and Singapore (covering Asia Pacific).
LaSalle was named the Best Property Manager of the Year at the European Pensions Awards 2011.
In 2011, for the fourth consecutive year, Jones Lang LaSalle has been named to the "World's Most Ethical Companies" list by Ethisphere Institute – a think tank dedicated to the sharing of best practices in business ethics, corporate social responsibility and sustainability.
LaSalle won a 'Performance Award' at the Investment Property Databank / Investment Property Forum Property Investment Awards 2011 in London.
FORTUNE magazine's list of "World's Most Admired Companies" recognizes companies for leadership in corporate reputations. Jones Lang LaSalle has been on the real estate industry list in 2008, 2009 and 2011. The list regularly rotates industry categories and the real estate category was suspended in 2010.
Sustainability in real estate
LaSalle Investment Management has stated that they recognize buildings have a major impact on the environment. LaSalle has made a commitment to playing a role in addressing global environmental challenges through the investments it makes on behalf of clients, as well as the firm’s day-to-day operations.
In July 2009, LaSalle became a signatory as an Investment Manager to the United Nations-backed Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI).
LaSalle is a charter member and the largest pilot participant in a project to create a standardized metric for carbon measurement by commercial real estate. The Greenprint Foundation is a consortium of leading firms in commercial real estate and is at the forefront of creating metrics to determine the environmental impact of commercial real estate.
- "LaSalle Investment Management". lasalle.com. Retrieved December 10, 2017.
- "LaSalle Investment Management : LaSalle Investment Management". Lasalle.com. Retrieved January 30, 2012.
- "LaSalle Investment Management : Company – The LaSalle Approach". Lasalle.com. Retrieved January 30, 2012.
- "PERE 50 2013" (PDF). Alphaipartners.com. Retrieved April 15, 2014.
- "European Pensions". European Pensions. Retrieved January 30, 2012.
- "2011 World's Most Ethical Companies; Ethisphere™ Institute". Ethisphere.com. Retrieved April 15, 2014.
- "IPD/IPF UK Property Investment Awards 2011: The Winners (UK)" (PDF). Ipd.com. March 31, 2011. Retrieved April 15, 2014.
- "World's Most Admired Companies 2011: Industries - Real Estate - FORTUNE on CNNMoney.com". Money.cnn.com. March 21, 2011. Retrieved January 30, 2012.
- "Sustainability" (PDF). JLL. Retrieved December 10, 2017.
- "Principles for Responsible Investment – Official Home". Unpri.org. Retrieved January 30, 2012.
- "The Urban Land Institute Joins Forces with the Greenprint Foundation to Create ULI Greenprint Center for Building Performance". PR Newswire. January 19, 2012.