|Intercommunality||Pays de Pamiers|
|• Mayor (2014–2020)||Jacqueline Freyche-Pagiarno|
|Area1||5.97 km2 (2.31 sq mi)|
|• Density||44/km2 (110/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|INSEE/Postal code||09040 /09700|
|Elevation||249–315 m (817–1,033 ft)
(avg. 300 m or 980 ft)
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
The inhabitants of the commune are known as Bastidiens or Bastidiennes.
La Bastide-de-Lordat is in the Pamiers urban area some 8 km east by north-east of Pamiers and 5 km north of Les Pujols. Access to the commune is by the D11 road from Pamiers which enters the west of the commune then turns north continuing to Belpech, changing to the D102 at the departmental border. Access to the village is by the D430 from Trémoulet in the north, by the D30 from Saint-Amadou in the south, and by the D6 from Lapenne in the east. The D30 continues past the village north-west to Montaut. The commune is almost entirely farmland with a few small patches of forest.
The Hers river forms the whole eastern border of the commune as it flows north to join the Ariege near Cintegabelle. The Estaut stream forms the whole western border of the commune as it flows north to join the Hers north-west of Belpech.
Or, a chevron fracted Sable.
(Not all data is known)
In 2010 the commune had 264 inhabitants. The evolution of the number of inhabitants is known from the population censuses conducted in the commune since 1793. From the 21st century, a census of communes with fewer than 10,000 inhabitants is held every five years, unlike larger communes that have a sample survey every year.[Note 1]
Culture and heritage
The commune has a very large number of items that are registered as historical objects - mostly in the Church of Saint Etienne but with other objects in the Town Hall and the Cemetery. For a complete list of historical objects together with links to descriptions (in French) and a few photos click here.
The War Memorial (1927) is registered as an historical monument.
The commune has several religious buildings and sites that are registered as historical monuments:
- The Cemetery (19th century)
- The Delquié Family Funeral Chapel (19th century)
- The Astre Family Funeral Chapel (19th century)
- The Castel-Maury Family Tomb (19th century)
- The Parish Church of Saint-Etienne (1875)
Notes and references
- At the beginning of the 21st century, the methods of identification have been modified by Law No. 2002-276 of 27 February 2002 Archived 18 November 2016 at the Wayback Machine., the so-called "law of local democracy" and in particular Title V "census operations" allows, after a transitional period running from 2004 to 2008, the annual publication of the legal population of the different French administrative districts. For communes with a population greater than 10,000 inhabitants, a sample survey is conducted annually and the entire territory of these communes is taken into account at the end of the period of five years. The first "legal population" after 1999 under this new law came into force on 1 January 2009 and was based on the census of 2006.
- La Bastide-de-Lordat on Lion1906
- Inhabitants of Midi-Pyrénées (French)
- La Bastide-de-Lordat on Google Maps
- La Bastide-de-Lordat on the Géoportail from National Geographic Institute (IGN) website (French)
- la Baftide Garderenoud on the 1750 Cassini Map
- la Bastide on the 1790 Cassini Map
- List of Mayors of France (French)
- Ministry of Culture, Mérimée IA09000073 War Memorial (French)
- Ministry of Culture, Mérimée IA09000156 Cemetery (French)
- Ministry of Culture, Mérimée IA09000271 Delquié Family Funeral Chapel (French)
- Ministry of Culture, Mérimée IA09000221 Astre Family Funeral Chapel (French)
- Ministry of Culture, Mérimée IA09000201 Castel-Maury Family Tomb (French)
- Ministry of Culture, Mérimée IA09000003 Parish Church of Saint-Etienne (French)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to La Bastide-de-Lordat.|